Enter your username:
Do you want to login or register?
  • Forgot your password?

    Login / Register




    Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast
    Results 41 to 60 of 69
    1. #41
      Join Date
      Nov 2004
      Location
      Paso Robles Ca.
      Posts
      83
      Country Flag: United States
      Awesome build !!!

      I'm a little biased, but GREAT choice on the wheels. haha

      Name:  Zonanteloperd.jpg
Views: 1482
Size:  407.4 KB
      1969 Camaro
      1957 Chevy 150 Utility Sedan
      2016 MB AMG-s wagon

    2. #42
      Join Date
      Sep 2019
      Posts
      60
      Country Flag: New Zealand
      Quote Originally Posted by Senek67RS View Post
      Have you figured out where you will be putting your remote PS reservoir? Running the same front drive on an LSA swap and running out of room...
      We'll be on that soon, I'll post a photo

      - - - Updated - - -

      Quote Originally Posted by Aschle View Post
      Awesome build !!!

      I'm a little biased, but GREAT choice on the wheels. haha

      Name:  Zonanteloperd.jpg
Views: 1482
Size:  407.4 KB
      Very nice!
      When I die don't let Nina sell my car for what I told her it cost to build.

    3. #43
      Join Date
      Sep 2019
      Posts
      60
      Country Flag: New Zealand
      Quote Originally Posted by Senek67RS View Post
      Have you figured out where you will be putting your remote PS reservoir? Running the same front drive on an LSA swap and running out of room...
      Well here's where we are currently.
      Still a work in progress, but I think it will work.
      It's a right hand drive car & rack, but it shouldn't make too much difference?

      It was looking really tight for the air intake to get past, so we've recessed the mount panel for the reservoir & the radiator overflow tank (recessed from the rear, so they actually move forward)



      Hope it helps?

      Name:  PSC2.jpg
Views: 1313
Size:  240.7 KBName:  PSC1.jpg
Views: 1350
Size:  302.8 KBName:  PSC3.jpg
Views: 1338
Size:  457.3 KBName:  PSC5.jpg
Views: 1291
Size:  316.4 KB
      When I die don't let Nina sell my car for what I told her it cost to build.


    4. #44
      Join Date
      Sep 2019
      Posts
      60
      Country Flag: New Zealand
      And here's a pic with a dummy intake hose
      Name:  PSC6.jpg
Views: 1385
Size:  174.6 KB

      So hopefully, it'll be something like that, and maybe all the sh*t will fit in.

      But yes, it's definitely getting crowded in there. Maybe a Chevelle would have been a good idea! :-)
      When I die don't let Nina sell my car for what I told her it cost to build.

    5. #45
      Join Date
      Oct 2004
      Location
      Garden Ridge TX
      Posts
      80
      In case you didnt know, Those PSC resevoirs work great but the -10 outlet has to be above the power steering pump inlet to flow properly and not starve the pump. In other words, the fluid has to have a downhill run to the pump.
      Hope this helps,
      Evan Q.

    6. #46
      Join Date
      Sep 2019
      Posts
      60
      Country Flag: New Zealand
      Quote Originally Posted by EVO View Post
      In case you didnt know, Those PSC resevoirs work great but the -10 outlet has to be above the power steering pump inlet to flow properly and not starve the pump. In other words, the fluid has to have a downhill run to the pump.
      Hope this helps,
      Evan Q.
      Aha! OK thanks for that, the outlet is about an inch higher, that enough?
      When I die don't let Nina sell my car for what I told her it cost to build.

    7. #47
      Join Date
      Oct 2004
      Location
      Garden Ridge TX
      Posts
      80
      Might be enough, If it isnt, the pump will be kinda noisy and make groaning noises. I used the same one on my son's C10 and its mounted much higher. I'd go for maximum height if hood clearance allows.


      E.Name:  F762E554-B7C5-4178-8F1E-1F1957F8F123.jpg
Views: 1204
Size:  377.8 KB

    8. #48
      Join Date
      Sep 2019
      Posts
      60
      Country Flag: New Zealand
      [QUOTE=EVO;1378476]Might be enough, If it isnt, the pump will be kinda noisy and make groaning noises. I used the same one on my son's C10 and its mounted much higher. I'd go for maximum height if hood clearance allows.



      Ok got it, thanks!
      When I die don't let Nina sell my car for what I told her it cost to build.

    9. #49
      Join Date
      Sep 2019
      Posts
      60
      Country Flag: New Zealand
      Still moving along. Getting more exciting!
      Name:  12.jpg
Views: 1185
Size:  297.1 KBName:  13.jpg
Views: 1237
Size:  313.2 KB
      When I die don't let Nina sell my car for what I told her it cost to build.

    10. #50
      Join Date
      Jul 2019
      Location
      Ohio
      Posts
      369
      Country Flag: United States
      Quote Originally Posted by mistral View Post
      Well here's where we are currently.
      Still a work in progress, but I think it will work.
      It's a right hand drive car & rack, but it shouldn't make too much difference?

      It was looking really tight for the air intake to get past, so we've recessed the mount panel for the reservoir & the radiator overflow tank (recessed from the rear, so they actually move forward)

      Hope it helps?

      Name:  PSC2.jpg
Views: 1313
Size:  240.7 KBName:  PSC1.jpg
Views: 1350
Size:  302.8 KBName:  PSC3.jpg
Views: 1338
Size:  457.3 KBName:  PSC5.jpg
Views: 1291
Size:  316.4 KB
      I like what you are doing with the filter location and size, what filter is that?

    11. #51
      Join Date
      Sep 2017
      Posts
      839
      Country Flag: United States
      I see you got a C and R radiator. I love mine it cools well.
      Your build is looking fantastic..I know they are slow but you can see progress.
      Keep it up.
      TANKMASTERJ
      https://www.pro-touring.com/threads/...touring-Camaro
      Jasons Toys
      67 Camaro White Lightning LMR LS7 powered, Speed tech Front and Rear.
      2023 Rapid Blue ZL1 the Blue Devil
      2000 HD Softail
      1989 CBR Hurricane anniversary edition

    12. #52
      Join Date
      Sep 2019
      Posts
      60
      Country Flag: New Zealand
      Quote Originally Posted by TANKMASTERJ View Post
      I see you got a C and R radiator. I love mine it cools well.
      Your build is looking fantastic..I know they are slow but you can see progress.
      Keep it up.
      Thanks Pal, still moving ahead!

      Name:  14.jpg
Views: 1123
Size:  337.9 KBName:  15.jpg
Views: 1110
Size:  386.6 KB
      When I die don't let Nina sell my car for what I told her it cost to build.

    13. #53
      Join Date
      Sep 2019
      Posts
      60
      Country Flag: New Zealand
      Still moving on!

      Name:  19.jpg
Views: 1157
Size:  364.8 KB
      When I die don't let Nina sell my car for what I told her it cost to build.

    14. #54
      Join Date
      Sep 2019
      Posts
      60
      Country Flag: New Zealand
      Well, it's been a while but we're getting close now. Runs & drives, needs upholstery & the dash finishing, then front & rear glass in & we're done.

      Name:  Running.jpg
Views: 879
Size:  483.5 KB
      When I die don't let Nina sell my car for what I told her it cost to build.

    15. #55
      Join Date
      Jun 2017
      Location
      Utah
      Posts
      240
      This must be very exciting. I can’t wait to be at that point.

    16. #56
      Join Date
      Sep 2019
      Posts
      60
      Country Flag: New Zealand
      Quote Originally Posted by Threepointtwo View Post
      This must be very exciting. I can’t wait to be at that point.
      Yep started in 2019, first bits ex Art Morrison arrived early 2020.
      Long road, but it's looking gorgeous.

      Hang in there, if it was easy every Muppet would be doing it!

      I just can't help taking on really ambitious projects.
      Here's the next stroke of madness!


      Name:  Mog 2.jpg
Views: 851
Size:  525.6 KB
      When I die don't let Nina sell my car for what I told her it cost to build.

    17. #57
      Join Date
      Jun 2023
      Posts
      14
      Very cool build. Nice job! Do you have any details on the wheels?

    18. #58
      Join Date
      Sep 2019
      Posts
      60
      Country Flag: New Zealand
      Quote Originally Posted by JJ 86 View Post
      Very cool build. Nice job! Do you have any details on the wheels?
      Budnik Vapor, Brushed Rim Outers with Charcoal Center, Fat Lip

      18x10 with 6.5bsp
      18x12 with 7.0bsp

      Vapor - BUDNIK
      When I die don't let Nina sell my car for what I told her it cost to build.

    19. #59
      Join Date
      Sep 2019
      Posts
      60
      Country Flag: New Zealand
      Been a while between updates, car is pretty well finished apart from upholstery, which is underway but taking a while!
      Can’t wait to be driving this!
      Name:  IMG_1303.jpeg
Views: 647
Size:  152.4 KBName:  IMG_1300.jpeg
Views: 624
Size:  147.4 KBName:  IMG_1301.jpeg
Views: 597
Size:  101.3 KBName:  IMG_1299.jpeg
Views: 558
Size:  134.9 KBName:  IMG_1304.jpeg
Views: 580
Size:  139.1 KB
      When I die don't let Nina sell my car for what I told her it cost to build.

    20. #60
      Join Date
      Sep 2017
      Posts
      839
      Country Flag: United States
      Quote Originally Posted by mistral View Post
      Nah it wasn't bad at all, but all these great parts were rolling in, and the cost on a new shell was way less than I thought it would be. So do it right the first time!
      And fixing a few old repairs soon adds up.

      Yes, Hoppers using it for a race car.
      Willie,
      I ve been there like everyone on this forum. If I had to do over again, I would have done the dynacorn body. I think it's a better way to go. After two body shops and to much cash I could have bought the new body. In the end I'm satisfied with my build but it would have been cheaper. Some guys would argue differently but to me new metal is new metal.
      Killer build startup ill be checking in on it
      Jason
      TANKMASTERJ
      https://www.pro-touring.com/threads/...touring-Camaro
      Jasons Toys
      67 Camaro White Lightning LMR LS7 powered, Speed tech Front and Rear.
      2023 Rapid Blue ZL1 the Blue Devil
      2000 HD Softail
      1989 CBR Hurricane anniversary edition

    Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast



    Advertise on Pro-Touring.com