Enter your username:
Do you want to login or register?
  • Forgot your password?

    Login / Register




    Results 1 to 17 of 17

    Threaded View

    1. #15
      Join Date
      Feb 2020
      Posts
      87
      Haven't updated this in awhile, a lot has been done in a year!
      May 2022, I got the lower control arms and the car could roll around again before I moved
      Name:  PXL_20220510_032246345.jpg
Views: 926
Size:  374.4 KB
      My rear end still wasn't purchased at this time, so I had to ratchet strap everything together to get it on the trailer, I eventually bought a strange s trac and new spindles.
      Name:  PXL_20220723_005105062.jpg
Views: 962
Size:  168.7 KBName:  PXL_20220702_234436354.jpg
Views: 913
Size:  297.1 KB
      Project went on pause for awhile, April 2023 I finally have the rear end with strange floater housings, I shortened the axle by an inch on each side to fit my rims (I refused to buy a different set of rims)
      Name:  PXL_20230416_015424661.jpg
Views: 924
Size:  401.7 KBName:  PXL_20230416_015417445.jpg
Views: 962
Size:  533.8 KB

      From there I had massive problems with my torque arm from chassisworks. Long story short, the subframe connectors they gave me were for a 70-74 even though I needed 75-81 connectors (these are longer) This in turn meant the torque arm they gave me (which was correct) was too long.



      They fought me every step of the way to get this resolved, they eventually agreed to shorten the torque arm, but they should have just swapped out the subframe connectors for the correct part number.

      They treated me like I was an idiot and I didn't know what I was talking about even though I had multiple pictures and measurements to prove otherwise. I never want to deal with them again.
      Name:  PXL_20230523_232048459.jpg
Views: 953
Size:  355.9 KB

      That aside, I got my LT4 and paired it with a 4l60e and got it in the car this weekend. This will come back apart and I will have a proper 4l60e built for my car, but this is for mock up purposes.

      Name:  PXL_20231104_191103935.jpg
Views: 932
Size:  616.3 KBName:  PXL_20231104_211058961.jpg
Views: 943
Size:  553.3 KB

      Next step on this project is figuring out the wiring, I have all the wiring diagrams I need to make this function correctly. I also have a brake booster from a tesla, so I will start the project soon as well.

      Name:  PXL_20230907_212424852.jpg
Views: 958
Size:  274.2 KB

      I also started a youtube channel if you want to follow along with the build progress
      https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCuo...sg1nDcQugfrHXA




    Tags for this Thread


    Advertise on Pro-Touring.com