Enter your username:
Do you want to login or register?
  • Forgot your password?

    Login / Register




    Results 1 to 13 of 13
    1. #1
      Join Date
      Oct 2004
      Location
      Oswego il
      Posts
      938
      Country Flag: United States

      69 1st gen anyone have more than 8" width in front wheel

      checked out the wheel database, has anyone been able to run more than an 8" width 17" wheel on the front of a 69. talking about cars with stock subframe. also how much width will aftermarket a arms gain. was going to use aftermarket uppers with stock lowers will aftermarket lowers help wheel clearance significantly.



    2. #2
      Join Date
      Oct 2005
      Location
      New Washington, IN
      Posts
      1,509
      I'd like to hear this one too.

    3. #3
      Join Date
      May 2002
      Location
      Northern California
      Posts
      10,716
      Country Flag: United States
      do a search cause Carl C is running wider than 8".
      MrQuick ΜΟΛ'ΩΝ ΛΑΒ'Ε


    4. #4
      Join Date
      Oct 2004
      Location
      Oswego il
      Posts
      938
      Country Flag: United States
      just checked CARLC's website and he lists 17X9.5 5.5 b/s for wheels front rear, does anyone know what his upper an lower a arms are. if they are stock or aftermarket.

    5. #5
      Join Date
      Jan 2004
      Posts
      87
      just checked CARLC's website and he lists 17X9.5 5.5 b/s for wheels front rear, does anyone know what his upper an lower a arms are. if they are stock or aftermarket.
      I believe that his car is in the Jan. 2006 Chevy High Performance, according to them he is running speedtech performance tubular control arms with the gulstrand mod.

    6. #6
      Join Date
      Mar 2005
      Location
      westchester county new york
      Posts
      2,995
      Are the wheelwells exactly the same from 67/68 to 69? I will check this out and get back to you guys.

    7. #7
      Join Date
      Oct 2005
      Location
      New Washington, IN
      Posts
      1,509
      If anything, I would think 67-68 would have a bit more clearence on the outer fender lip area.

    8. #8
      Join Date
      May 2000
      Posts
      4,151
      Country Flag: United States
      Gotta run short steering arms to clear 5.5" bs!

    9. #9
      Join Date
      Oct 2003
      Location
      Arvada, Co
      Posts
      2,119
      Country Flag: United States
      I have 8.5 with a 5.125 BS
      Brian


      I have an unlimited budget. That bad part is I have already used it up.

    10. #10
      Join Date
      Oct 2004
      Location
      Oswego il
      Posts
      938
      Country Flag: United States
      thanks for the help everyone, all carlc's info is on his page, i read tot he bottom and saw he was running aftermarket a arms, thanks for the tip on the short steering arms.

    11. #11
      Join Date
      Apr 2005
      Location
      Cookeville, TN
      Posts
      159
      Country Flag: United States
      I previously had 17x9" on the front, now I have 18x9" with 5.125" B.S. Heidt's tubular arms w/ Guldtrand mod, lowered 2". I had to limit turning radius a little to prevent rubbing the rim on the control arm at full lock. I have stock steering arms.

      Gary

    12. #12
      Join Date
      Dec 2004
      Location
      SC
      Posts
      360
      Gary, what size tire did you have on them 17x9s ?

    13. #13
      Join Date
      Apr 2005
      Location
      Cookeville, TN
      Posts
      159
      Country Flag: United States
      I had 255/40/17




    Advertise on Pro-Touring.com