Enter your username:
Do you want to login or register?
  • Forgot your password?

    Login / Register




    Results 1 to 4 of 4

    Threaded View

    1. #1
      Join Date
      Nov 2004
      Location
      Forney, TX
      Posts
      738

      Max wheel width for 245/45/18 ?

      I've recently acquired (in an honest manner) a fresh (240mi) set of 245/45/18 Eagle F1 GS EMT's for free. Now, while this is not my ideal tire size, the price made them too hard to pass up. I could sell them for half (?) of what they retail for and use that money to purchase my "ideal" wheel/tire combo, but I've decided to make use of them on my car. So my question is the title of this thread. I figure an 8" wheel would be fine, but I did a web search and most tire sites say you can fit a 245 on a 9" wheel. What about an 8.5"? I've also thought about selling 2 of the tires and buying two 275/40/18's for the rear, but just guessing, I think the sidewall and circumference would be smaller on the 275 vs the 245 and I don't think it would look right to have a shorter sidewall on the rear. Any thoughts? Also, the retail price on the 245/45/18 Eagle F1 GS EMT is $350 each. Just out of curiosity, what would a very slightly used set bring on the open market? I've never shopped for used performance tires, so don't know what value they hold. Comments/suggestions are welcomed.



      Kevin
      __________________________
      Boyd
      1972 P/T Style Chevy Short-bed - coming soon
      Specialty Auto Services





    Advertise on Pro-Touring.com