Enter your username:
Do you want to login or register?
  • Forgot your password?

    Login / Register




    Results 1 to 20 of 169

    Threaded View

    1. #1
      Join Date
      Aug 2004
      Location
      San Antonio, Tx
      Posts
      1,193

      Temper Camaro. '69 with C5 chassis swap

      I quit posting my build on here a long time ago because it was hard to post pictures from my iPad to this board. Now that thats been handled I wanted to start posting again on the message board that basically has kept me in debt most of my adult life lol.

      I'm not going to start all the way back to when I got the car so we'll start at the beginning of Temper 2.0 as the car has gone a different direction that I like much better than 1.0 was. So to start the catch up process lets start with the build plan.

      LSA converted to dry sumo. Goal is around 700 rwhp. Not going crazy with the build just a ported blower, cam, and pulleys. Maybe a little head work, we'll see.
      TR6070 7 speed transmission from a C7 Z06 with cooler.
      C6 Z06 rear diff. with cooler.
      Anvil carbon everything
      C6 dash swap with custom interior
      Infinity Box for the chassis controls
      ZR1 carbon brakes
      Boze Forged custom wheels in a ZR1 style.
      Wide body
      6th gen Camaro roof
      Body side vents for the brakes
      Carbon fiber parts, interior, door panels, bumper, ect.
      Vintage Air HVAC

      Weight goal 3100lbs, 50/50 weight distribution.

      So thats the main items. Lets start with the car now. In order to stuff a C5/6 frame into a '69 Camaro it took a lot of measuring. I was able to luck out and found that the upper pinch welds on the outer rockers measure the same as the inner side of the Corvette frame. Figuring out that I had to make the Vette chassis 3.5" longer to match the Camaro led me to buying 2 wrecked frames to join them together. To replace the outer frame rails I went with 2x4 square tube and modified it to fit into the Camaro's outer rocker. This left the bottom of the rocker to be the new floor support as I kept the fiberglass/wood floors from the vette.

      https://www.hostmyjunk.com/image/3LzSh
      https://www.hostmyjunk.com/image/3LXWD
      https://www.hostmyjunk.com/image/3LGDe
      https://www.hostmyjunk.com/image/34Ct5
      https://www.hostmyjunk.com/image/34VNo

      Putting the two together after blasting and epoxy was kinda like sliding a match box together.



      https://www.hostmyjunk.com/image/3439Z
      https://www.hostmyjunk.com/image/34t9a
      https://www.hostmyjunk.com/image/34PBT
      https://www.hostmyjunk.com/image/3LVQK

      This is where the car sits for about a year and a half as I lost my shop space. I started working at another dealer this year and they let me work on the car. While I couldn't work on the car I was able to do some small projects like build the bumper. I made the bumper before the car was mothballed so I just had to finish it. After it was all body worked and painted I made a mold and then a carbon bumper for it.

      https://www.hostmyjunk.com/image/3WCuD
      https://www.hostmyjunk.com/image/3WqTP
      https://www.hostmyjunk.com/image/3W4wN
      https://www.hostmyjunk.com/image/3WLkU
      https://www.hostmyjunk.com/image/344WZ
      https://www.hostmyjunk.com/image/3LOsm
      Instagram: CamaroAJ





    Advertise on Pro-Touring.com