Enter your username:
Do you want to login or register?
  • Forgot your password?

    Login / Register




    Results 1 to 5 of 5

    Threaded View

    1. #1
      Join Date
      Jul 2008
      Posts
      15

      Questions for rear wheels on a 1968 Charger w/ mini-tubs?

      Hey Everyone!
      I hope this finds you all well, and willing to help me out with a decision on which way to go on a pro-touring build. I’m building a ’68 Charger that is really intended to be a comfortable street car that will be able to road trip a power tour with ease. Specifics include a 6.4L HEMI, 5spd NAG1, Carl Gerst front k-frame & coil overs w/ a triangulated 4 link & 3.55s in the rear. I’ve had the unibody stiffened up with contoured subframe connectors, torque boxes, inner fender braces and a radiator core support brace too; so hopefully she’ll grip and track nicely as well. I’ve also had the rear wheel tubs moved inboards & relocated the 4 link perches into the frame rails (with the Mopar Performance spring relocation kit). I know that I can fit 335s in widened wheel tubs easily; but my question is now what do I do for the rear wheel offset? I’ll be going with a 11.5 or 12” wide Forgeline/Grip Equip Grudge wheels.


      Since it’s mini-tubbed and I am putting some thick rubber back there, do I bite the bullet and narrow the rear ? Is there something really desirable (handling or aesthetics) to having a negative offset and a ‘deep’ looking rear wheel? Since I’ll be going with a custom wheel, I theoretically can put the wheel center in either location (depending on axle width) to have the wheel fill out the widened wheel well.


      Any thoughts are greatly appreciated!

      Name:  IMG_0039 (1).jpg
Views: 1864
Size:  69.5 KB
      Name:  UNADJUSTEDNONRAW_thumb_ee4b.jpg
Views: 2055
Size:  196.6 KB
      Name:  UNADJUSTEDNONRAW_thumb_ed3f.jpg
Views: 1764
Size:  171.7 KB
      Name:  UNADJUSTEDNONRAW_thumb_ed3e.jpg
Views: 1463
Size:  211.5 KB







    Advertise on Pro-Touring.com