Enter your username:
Do you want to login or register?
  • Forgot your password?

    Login / Register




    Page 11 of 18 FirstFirst ... 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 ... LastLast
    Results 201 to 220 of 371

    Hybrid View

    1. #1
      Join Date
      Apr 2005
      Location
      Chicago
      Posts
      2,788
      Country Flag: United States
      Dang Jason does that look, no it actualy looks geat, No No No it actually looks awesome !!!

      marty-mj
      GarageScene.net High Speed Welding KDHotrods RecoveryRoomInteriors WegnerAutomotive Autometer Ride-Tech


    2. #2
      Join Date
      Sep 2017
      Posts
      839
      Country Flag: United States
      Quote Originally Posted by syborg tt View Post
      Dang Jason does that look, no it actualy looks geat, No No No it actually looks awesome !!!
      Thanks so much Marty.
      All the kind words from everyone appreciated. I'm shooting for a 02-01-22 start up. And a father's day start and test drive. I don't care if it's done father's day I just want to be able to cruise down the road and back!
      TANKMASTERJ
      https://www.pro-touring.com/threads/...touring-Camaro
      Jasons Toys
      67 Camaro White Lightning LMR LS7 powered, Speed tech Front and Rear.
      2023 Rapid Blue ZL1 the Blue Devil
      2000 HD Softail
      1989 CBR Hurricane anniversary edition

    3. #3
      Join Date
      Aug 2004
      Location
      Västerås, Sweden
      Posts
      395
      Country Flag: Sweden
      The car looks really nice and clean, Jason! You've put a lot of attention to having every spot having a nice finish. I really dig that! I hope you will be able to take that test drive soon! Best of luck!

      Henrik
      Henrik

      "Mechanix Menace": A chopped, tube framed, and heavily modified Datsun 240Z

      https://www.pro-touring.com/threads/...73-Datsun-240Z
      https://www.youtube.com/@mechanixmenace870

    4. #4
      Join Date
      Sep 2017
      Posts
      839
      Country Flag: United States
      Quote Originally Posted by TonyV View Post
      Jason, the level of detail and progress is incredible....keep the updates coming.
      Thanks Tony. I appreciate the kind words. It's a labor of love as everyone on here knows!
      TANKMASTERJ
      https://www.pro-touring.com/threads/...touring-Camaro
      Jasons Toys
      67 Camaro White Lightning LMR LS7 powered, Speed tech Front and Rear.
      2023 Rapid Blue ZL1 the Blue Devil
      2000 HD Softail
      1989 CBR Hurricane anniversary edition

    5. #5
      Join Date
      Oct 2016
      Posts
      587
      Hi Jason ! I like the way you work, this is organized and very clean ! And well explained, can't wait to see her runing !

    6. #6
      Join Date
      Sep 2013
      Location
      sw Kansas
      Posts
      1,661
      Country Flag: United States
      Jason, I just went through your thread. I'll start with small stuff. I had a 1990 cbr600 hurricane so we have some shared knowledge. I appreciate the fact that you used Lizard skin on the inside and covered it with sound mat. I think you will find the sound mat to be the best that you installed. I have had several white rods and I was told several times that white as a color does little for a build so if you didn't do the rest of it correct, you missed out. You have done well. Many years ago, a friends wife told me that I was lucky because I could do my own work. At the time, I didn't think about it much. I'm not able to do everything real well but it does get done in a timely manner. After reading your thread and seeing how excited you were to have the car back in your hands, it has shed some more light on the subject. Congratulations on your progress and I hope your start up goes with out incident. I believe the 1st corner you go into at more than 20 mph will tell you if you made all the right choices correctly. Hot rods for many of us are a reflection on who we are. When you are standing next to it and smiling, I hope those that know you can see what actually happened. You mentioned the tkx as a possible replacement. I have about 200 miles on mine. I'm aware of when I shift into 2nd gear. It reminds me of a 3650 in many ways. I had a 3550 in my 32 that reminded me of a Ford top loader 4 speed in more ways than not. I have no idea what your goal was in thinking about the trans change, I just thought I would add that thought. Again, great job and best wishes for the 1st drive.

    7. #7
      Join Date
      Sep 2017
      Posts
      839
      Country Flag: United States
      Quote Originally Posted by wfo guy View Post
      Jason, I just went through your thread. I'll start with small stuff. I had a 1990 cbr600 hurricane so we have some shared knowledge. I appreciate the fact that you used Lizard skin on the inside and covered it with sound mat. I think you will find the sound mat to be the best that you installed. I have had several white rods and I was told several times that white as a color does little for a build so if you didn't do the rest of it correct, you missed out. You have done well. Many years ago, a friends wife told me that I was lucky because I could do my own work. At the time, I didn't think about it much. I'm not able to do everything real well but it does get done in a timely manner. After reading your thread and seeing how excited you were to have the car back in your hands, it has shed some more light on the subject. Congratulations on your progress and I hope your start up goes with out incident. I believe the 1st corner you go into at more than 20 mph will tell you if you made all the right choices correctly. Hot rods for many of us are a reflection on who we are. When you are standing next to it and smiling, I hope those that know you can see what actually happened. You mentioned the tkx as a possible replacement. I have about 200 miles on mine. I'm aware of when I shift into 2nd gear. It reminds me of a 3650 in many ways. I had a 3550 in my 32 that reminded me of a Ford top loader 4 speed in more ways than not. I have no idea what your goal was in thinking about the trans change, I just thought I would add that thought. Again, great job and best wishes for the 1st drive.
      You said alot and all appreciated. I couldn't agree more about it reflection of who we are. Yes white is plain but the white black pop and general industrial theme hopefully will nail my end result plan.as for the TKX that was a buddy of mines comment. I'm running an magnum 6 speed and 4.11 gears.
      Still lo e the CBR Hurricane!
      Thanks for scanning .y build thread.
      TANKMASTERJ
      https://www.pro-touring.com/threads/...touring-Camaro
      Jasons Toys
      67 Camaro White Lightning LMR LS7 powered, Speed tech Front and Rear.
      2023 Rapid Blue ZL1 the Blue Devil
      2000 HD Softail
      1989 CBR Hurricane anniversary edition

    8. #8
      Join Date
      Sep 2017
      Posts
      839
      Country Flag: United States
      Name:  IMG_20220205_195347.jpg
Views: 1471
Size:  466.1 KBName:  IMG_20220205_195407.jpg
Views: 1573
Size:  251.1 KBName:  IMG_20220204_171637.jpg
Views: 1623
Size:  400.9 KBName:  IMG_20220203_153918.jpg
Views: 1539
Size:  224.2 KBName:  IMG_20220203_153846.jpg
Views: 1582
Size:  215.4 KBName:  IMG_20220205_195605.jpg
Views: 1509
Size:  440.3 KB
      Ok I fabricated a simple bracket to install a 69 clutch safety switch on my 67. I know many people don't use one but I like the idea of it.
      Secondly got my EATON 5 relay panel in the trunk and my Waytek solid state contactor. It will be remote control for theft protect. Of the 5 relays 3 are wired to be hot with IGN on. That's one for ECM switched, one for Stereo Amp Switched and one for Raingear Wipers. The other two are to heated seats 1 and 2 and won't be hot until you turn on the seat switch.
      After all that crawling around in the trunk I went to finish the hushmat. Ran out at the back of the trunk needing about 6 square feet more.
      fuel pump is also wired in along with fuel sender.Name:  IMG_20220205_195611.jpg
Views: 1538
Size:  448.2 KBName:  IMG_20220205_200543.jpg
Views: 1594
Size:  338.7 KB
      Also started on wiring in front of the firewall.
      Cannot wait to hear it crank. Hopefully next weekend.
      I also made battery cables from trunk over he passenger wheel tub. Down to channel above rocker on passenger side. They will penetrate the firewall below vintage air as soon as pass through bulkhead parts arrive. I'll post pics of battery on cables and pass through after installed fully.
      TANKMASTERJ
      https://www.pro-touring.com/threads/...touring-Camaro
      Jasons Toys
      67 Camaro White Lightning LMR LS7 powered, Speed tech Front and Rear.
      2023 Rapid Blue ZL1 the Blue Devil
      2000 HD Softail
      1989 CBR Hurricane anniversary edition

    9. #9
      Join Date
      Sep 2013
      Location
      sw Kansas
      Posts
      1,661
      Country Flag: United States
      I read the owner's manual for the Inpower contactor. Are you planning on using the control circuit with a hidden switch or some kind of unit that will have a remote such as a key fob?

    10. #10
      Join Date
      Sep 2017
      Posts
      839
      Country Flag: United States
      Quote Originally Posted by wfo guy View Post
      I read the owner's manual for the Inpower contactor. Are you planning on using the control circuit with a hidden switch or some kind of unit that will have a remote such as a key fob?
      Yes I'll have a hidden switch for just in case but I'm running a hidden remote with a Key Fob. I tried finding a quality remote and key fob that wasn't china. No luck so far bjt did find one that I can hide pretty easily and it handles 20 amps.. the Intek contactor came from a company called Waytek. They make it in several amperage largest being 200a.
      TANKMASTERJ
      https://www.pro-touring.com/threads/...touring-Camaro
      Jasons Toys
      67 Camaro White Lightning LMR LS7 powered, Speed tech Front and Rear.
      2023 Rapid Blue ZL1 the Blue Devil
      2000 HD Softail
      1989 CBR Hurricane anniversary edition

    11. #11
      Join Date
      Sep 2017
      Posts
      839
      Country Flag: United States
      Name:  IMG_20220224_150203.jpg
Views: 1425
Size:  259.5 KBName:  V4-1.JPG
Views: 1398
Size:  98.6 KBName:  IMG_20220224_172713.jpg
Views: 1319
Size:  308.4 KBName:  IMG_20220224_172722.jpg
Views: 1482
Size:  376.3 KBName:  IMG_20220224_172733.jpg
Views: 1390
Size:  188.3 KB
      Ok from the top is my corvette pedal bracket.
      Then I installed intake tube and K and N kit with closeout for passenger side from Frank here on the forum.
      I've got all circuits wired and tested including
      Crank, start, fans, fan controller, gauges, fan on when AC on, Vintage Air, trunk fuse panel hot, Trunk remote kill with key fob, all lighting wires tested.
      Still got to install all headlights, taillights, and dash indicator lights.
      Gauges and steering Column in.
      The White Lightning logo is the cars name and the top cap of the two piece valve covers LS version that cove Coils from Wegner Motorsports. When the Valve covers arrive I can wire up coils and test fire.
      TANKMASTERJ
      https://www.pro-touring.com/threads/...touring-Camaro
      Jasons Toys
      67 Camaro White Lightning LMR LS7 powered, Speed tech Front and Rear.
      2023 Rapid Blue ZL1 the Blue Devil
      2000 HD Softail
      1989 CBR Hurricane anniversary edition

    12. #12
      Join Date
      Sep 2017
      Posts
      839
      Country Flag: United States
      So I want to do CRAZY and use JW Speaker Evo J3 headlights with blinker, DRL and high and low. Considering heated and non just for looks. I'm attaching both photos, guys help me pick. Remember before you say I'm nuts my entire build is base on an INDUSTRIAL look.
      JasonName:  1645243696977.jpg
Views: 1437
Size:  36.0 KBName:  1645243696581.jpg
Views: 1499
Size:  25.9 KB
      TANKMASTERJ
      https://www.pro-touring.com/threads/...touring-Camaro
      Jasons Toys
      67 Camaro White Lightning LMR LS7 powered, Speed tech Front and Rear.
      2023 Rapid Blue ZL1 the Blue Devil
      2000 HD Softail
      1989 CBR Hurricane anniversary edition

    13. #13
      Join Date
      May 2012
      Location
      Kansas City, Missouri
      Posts
      668
      Country Flag: United States
      I think the bottom one has a more industrial look with all the lines. Cars looking really good.

    14. #14
      Join Date
      Jan 2017
      Location
      Los Angeles
      Posts
      38
      Country Flag: United States
      Yeah I like the bottom headlights, pretty unique design….reminds me of a circuit board or tron

    15. #15
      Join Date
      Sep 2017
      Posts
      839
      Country Flag: United States
      Yeah I ordered them. They are JW Speakers designed for Jeep but hey who cares! I think it will look good in the the theme of the car.
      Thanks guys
      TANKMASTERJ
      https://www.pro-touring.com/threads/...touring-Camaro
      Jasons Toys
      67 Camaro White Lightning LMR LS7 powered, Speed tech Front and Rear.
      2023 Rapid Blue ZL1 the Blue Devil
      2000 HD Softail
      1989 CBR Hurricane anniversary edition

    16. #16
      Join Date
      Aug 2004
      Location
      NJ
      Posts
      1,295
      Country Flag: United States
      Looking great! Franks intake is such a nice piece!

    17. #17
      Join Date
      Sep 2017
      Posts
      839
      Country Flag: United States
      Quote Originally Posted by John McIntire View Post
      Looking great! Franks intake is such a nice piece!
      And his hood vents!
      Jason
      TANKMASTERJ
      https://www.pro-touring.com/threads/...touring-Camaro
      Jasons Toys
      67 Camaro White Lightning LMR LS7 powered, Speed tech Front and Rear.
      2023 Rapid Blue ZL1 the Blue Devil
      2000 HD Softail
      1989 CBR Hurricane anniversary edition

    18. #18
      Join Date
      Sep 2017
      Posts
      839
      Country Flag: United States
      Well
      JW speaker Evo J3 ( jeep headlights ) are in.
      I wanted the plain Evo3 which are like these with chrome bezel and black heater element lines. I was told they could be 6 months out. So I opted for the jeep version. Black bezels and white heated lines. Built in DRL and Blinker.
      I love them!Name:  IMG_20220305_235431.jpg
Views: 1500
Size:  307.1 KBName:  IMG_20220305_235418.jpg
Views: 1470
Size:  287.8 KBName:  IMG_20220305_235000.jpg
Views: 1466
Size:  74.7 KBName:  IMG_20220305_235117.jpg
Views: 1445
Size:  179.6 KBName:  IMG_20220305_161402.jpg
Views: 1470
Size:  366.0 KBName:  IMG_20220305_161406.jpg
Views: 1445
Size:  261.4 KBName:  IMG_20220305_171512.jpg
Views: 1494
Size:  176.0 KBName:  IMG_20220305_175923.jpg
Views: 1502
Size:  171.5 KB
      TANKMASTERJ
      https://www.pro-touring.com/threads/...touring-Camaro
      Jasons Toys
      67 Camaro White Lightning LMR LS7 powered, Speed tech Front and Rear.
      2023 Rapid Blue ZL1 the Blue Devil
      2000 HD Softail
      1989 CBR Hurricane anniversary edition

    19. #19
      Join Date
      Jan 2013
      Location
      Las Vegas, NV
      Posts
      31
      Country Flag: United States
      Looking awesome!! Any luck finding a source for the unique headlight/grill surround? Thanks, Scott

      Quote Originally Posted by TANKMASTERJ View Post
      Well
      JW speaker Evo J3 ( jeep headlights ) are in.
      I wanted the plain Evo3 which are like these with chrome bezel and black heater element lines. I was told they could be 6 months out. So I opted for the jeep version. Black bezels and white heated lines. Built in DRL and Blinker.
      I love them!Name:  IMG_20220305_235431.jpg
Views: 1500
Size:  307.1 KBName:  IMG_20220305_235418.jpg
Views: 1470
Size:  287.8 KBName:  IMG_20220305_235000.jpg
Views: 1466
Size:  74.7 KBName:  IMG_20220305_235117.jpg
Views: 1445
Size:  179.6 KBName:  IMG_20220305_161402.jpg
Views: 1470
Size:  366.0 KBName:  IMG_20220305_161406.jpg
Views: 1445
Size:  261.4 KBName:  IMG_20220305_171512.jpg
Views: 1494
Size:  176.0 KBName:  IMG_20220305_175923.jpg
Views: 1502
Size:  171.5 KB
      Scott Atkinson
      68 Camaro SS in progress
      Las Vegas, NV / Redondo Beach, CA

    20. #20
      Join Date
      Sep 2017
      Posts
      839
      Country Flag: United States
      To be totally honest I forgot about it. I'll look back I to it Scott
      Jason
      TANKMASTERJ
      https://www.pro-touring.com/threads/...touring-Camaro
      Jasons Toys
      67 Camaro White Lightning LMR LS7 powered, Speed tech Front and Rear.
      2023 Rapid Blue ZL1 the Blue Devil
      2000 HD Softail
      1989 CBR Hurricane anniversary edition

    Page 11 of 18 FirstFirst ... 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 ... LastLast



    Advertise on Pro-Touring.com