Enter your username:
Do you want to login or register?
  • Forgot your password?

    Login / Register




    Results 1 to 20 of 119

    Threaded View

    1. #10
      Join Date
      Mar 2017
      Location
      Omaha, NE
      Posts
      54
      Name:  0717FBE2-D8C3-43D1-BAD3-FC6232C09E21.jpg
Views: 902
Size:  272.4 KBName:  645D16CC-A2BA-4489-B384-0D8FAC3C3EC5.jpg
Views: 901
Size:  247.3 KBName:  642F20AB-64E6-48CC-9638-456637E66476.jpg
Views: 877
Size:  179.4 KBName:  24A439EF-5232-46FE-865F-4BC26C6766ED.jpg
Views: 925
Size:  241.5 KBName:  54CA925A-2D93-441E-B0A6-E330BC41E0BF.jpg
Views: 923
Size:  245.5 KBName:  2EDC5FF3-7382-4B46-9935-72F2D6D9D379.jpg
Views: 902
Size:  232.9 KBName:  524A007B-A40C-4E42-B8A4-4069275754B5.jpg
Views: 890
Size:  271.1 KB

      It’s been taking me a lot longer than I had hoped to get started on the front suspension. I had to do a little rework on the whole front end I had previously made. It was too wide and with the steering rack I have I would have had terrible bump steer. In addition to putting a bar right in the way of where the tie rod will be.



      I am much happier with how this is turning out. I feel like it will be a better use of the space upfront. The steering rack and anti roll bar will be mounted using the two large plates up front.

      The fire wall will be right at the point where the vertical bars are located. My thought is to do it out of 14-16 gauge steel. While I am trying to keep this lightweight. I also don’t want to sacrifice safety to be super light. I am trying to design it so if I get into an accident and there is front end damage the drivers compartment is still intact. With that being said. Is 1/8” plate overkill?

      I dropped some steel rod and bushings off to a machinist to get turned down to size for the bell cranks on the suspension. I’ll be incorporating the sway bar operation into the bell crank. I need to run a splined sway bar but I need the length of it to be between 18-22” I’m having a hard time finding anything that short. Is there weldable options for sway bars? Or maybe the best route would be get the shortest I could and machine splines in at the length I need.

      Wheels will be here in 3 weeks, my goal is to have this thing ready to set on the ground by then so I can get the tires mounted and set it on the ground.
      Dalton
      1979 Midengine Trans Am. “Transmarrow”
      https://www.pro-touring.com/threads/...gine-LQ9-build





    Advertise on Pro-Touring.com