Enter your username:
Do you want to login or register?
  • Forgot your password?

    Login / Register




    Results 1 to 9 of 9

    Threaded View

    1. #9
      Join Date
      Feb 2019
      Posts
      12
      Quote Originally Posted by Sbeck09 View Post
      Not at all. Stiffer is stiffer. Adding a bunch of weight isn't going to really be a fix. That's a band-aid. Softer spring rates with appropriate valving will always right smoother. The add weight thing is relevant when you, for example, build a vehicle around a stock autox class and need to alter the balance but can't remove parts. In your case where you can do whatever you want, get the longest travel shock you reasonably can with a light spring rate. You'll love it.
      You guys have been a great help! I will abandon the rear mount fuel tank, since that would require an expensive Boyd Welding tank anyways. I will use new factory replacement saddle tanks, and will likely keep the battery mounted in the front since due to the saddle tank locations, I would have to mount the battery behind the rear axle. I do have a somewhat lightweight Odyssey battery (~25lbs vs ~35lbs for a conventional group 75 battery to fit the stock battery tray) but I don't think that will be worth the hassle of having the battery mounted in the rear. When I need to put the charger on it, it's yet another strain on my already bad back lol.






    Advertise on Pro-Touring.com