Enter your username:
Do you want to login or register?
  • Forgot your password?

    Login / Register




    Results 1 to 20 of 527

    Threaded View

    1. #23
      Join Date
      Oct 2018
      Location
      Phoenix, AZ
      Posts
      583
      Country Flag: United States
      Quote Originally Posted by Big_KID View Post
      I would love to see some quantitative results from the splitter and wing. Do you have a course you frequent for comparative track times?


      Diffuser roll pan?
      I would too. I do have a local course and I'm evaluating a couple different sanctioning bodies to run on road courses during 2021. Absolutely expect me to do aero and non aero tests on the same day since I've made it all so easy to install/remove. I can tell you from being the one to drive this truck 1200 miles since it was built that you can feel the rear more firmly planted at over 100mph with no splitter, but the nose doesn't feel as stable. The entire truck feels much more planted and stable above 80mph with the whole package on the truck. I suspect it is working at slower speeds, but like any good areo, it needs speed to work best.

      You *might* be right about my plans.

      Quote Originally Posted by SSLance View Post
      We'll see on the 13th if they helped him get any closer to my times on an autocross course. :D
      That we will. With 65 days until the truck shootout, I'll be pushing the truck and myself to be super dialed asap. You get the honor of helping me corner weight and verify the alignment again too buddy!

      Quote Originally Posted by Vimes View Post
      I can't imagine the pucker factor when you drilled into that pristine front bumper. I think that if you want to get the full benefit of the splitter you're going to need side skirting and maybe skirting under the rear bumper, down to the same height from the ground as the splitter. Personally, I think it could be a bit smaller as well. Professional race car splitters aren't as big as that one. If you find the need to rebuild, I'd add an inch of height to help with speed bumps, and pull it back about 2 inches from the front.
      Honestly, it didn't even cross my mind to care about drilling the bumper. It just had to be done and I measured carefully. I think at this point I've cut and hacked so many expensive parts and panels on this truck that I'm kind of numb to that "fear." Now when I make a carbon front bumper...yeah that's gonna be nerve wracking as hell!



      You are totally right about skirting, but the benefits for what I'm currently doing are negligible without underbody work. There has been ideas tossed around for a flat bottom, but that comes with a host of other challenges that I'm really not ready to tackle at this time. If I went that route, skirting would be mandatory. I'd still like to do something anyway to just make the body lines more even along the bottom, but I haven't come up with a simple and clever way to pull it off...yet. Open to ideas if you have some.

      For splitter size, this is only 6" from the front body line. That is my smallest allowed splitter by any rules I would fall under currently. It looks gigantic in photos, but makes more visual sense in person. Wait until you see some of the optima GTT class trucks coming soon...they allow up to 10" from the front body line!

      Name:  20210202_202203.jpg
Views: 917
Size:  258.8 KB

      Most "professional" race cars run smaller splitters because their rules don't allow more. I can assure you they would all go bigger if allowed. They also run their splitters nearly scraping the ground because that greatly increases the efficiency of the splitter. I can already JUST clear speed bumps so I would never run it higher than this because I'm already losing efficiency making it "street friendly." I might consider trimming it back if there is an aero imbalance, but with this big 71" wing on the rear, that's not likely to be the case. Plus more rear aero is about to be installed. Testing will tell me what needs to change with data. Right now we're all just guessing because I'm not aware of any trucks tackling aero for this type of racing.
      '95 F-150 track ready street beast
      Want more projects/photos? Check my Instagram





    Advertise on Pro-Touring.com