Enter your username:
Do you want to login or register?
  • Forgot your password?

    Login / Register




    Results 1 to 20 of 527

    Hybrid View

    1. #1
      Join Date
      Jan 2016
      Location
      Chino Valley, AZ
      Posts
      134
      Country Flag: United States
      Quote Originally Posted by Sbeck09 View Post
      Last night I had a delivery that I wish I had gotten long ago!

      I stumbled onto Redline Tuning who makes a gas strut kit for the hoods of these trucks. I've been using a prop rod which isn't terrible, but not optimal either. So for the whopping $100 this costs I rolled the dice while keeping my expectations low.

      35 minutes later I was rewarded with a perfect install. Seriously easy and works flawlessly! It even included 4 pages of full color instructions. I wish I had done this long ago, but most of these retrofit parts require excessive effort for minimal results 98% of the time. This actually did exactly as advertised and works great even with my 7lb lighter hood. While this offers no performance advantage, the ease of access for quick shock setting changes or fluid checks is going to be super nice.
      A little late to the game on this one, but I've been running Redline Tuning for both the hood and hatch struts on my fox for a long time now (8+ years from what i can tell from my tracking spreadsheet), super happy.

      84 Ford LTD Wagon
      05 Ford Excursion
      Instagram


    2. #2
      Join Date
      Oct 2018
      Location
      Phoenix, AZ
      Posts
      583
      Country Flag: United States
      Quote Originally Posted by frink84 View Post
      A little late to the game on this one, but I've been running Redline Tuning for both the hood and hatch struts on my fox for a long time now (8+ years from what i can tell from my tracking spreadsheet), super happy.
      Glad to hear they seem to hold up then. I'm so happy with mine still. I've also helped 2 others install their own kits now.
      '95 F-150 track ready street beast
      Want more projects/photos? Check my Instagram




    Advertise on Pro-Touring.com