Enter your username:
Do you want to login or register?
  • Forgot your password?

    Login / Register




    Results 1 to 20 of 527

    Hybrid View

    1. #1
      Join Date
      Oct 2018
      Location
      Phoenix, AZ
      Posts
      583
      Country Flag: United States
      Maybe not a major update, but a major dream of mine has been now realized.



      Name:  20210114_184741.jpg
Views: 1183
Size:  222.9 KB

      That's right...we got a lift! So excited for what this will allow me to get done with both speeding up tasks, and making work under the truck much more accessible. Saturday I have an electrician coming out to help me run power over and from there the possibilities are endless. All my cars (still makes me laugh to say that) have time "scheduled" on the lift already.

      Also, update on the alternator saga, I now have 2 units on the way here so at least the truck will be functional soon. Still have testing happening at the local place to determine alternative long-term options. We figured out that peak amps is definitely not the issue to focus on. Turns out at idle (about 850 engine rpm) we need a unit that produces 70-80 amps, but we are only getting 40 ish from "high output" alternators at that low of rpm. I'm sure we will solve this soon given that we now know what to watch for. Overdriving the alternator is not the solution in this case since I'm running almost 7000rpm on track and that would cause the rotor to potentially come apart on an overdriven alternator. Honestly...I know way more about alternators now than I ever wanted to.
      '95 F-150 track ready street beast
      Want more projects/photos? Check my Instagram





    Advertise on Pro-Touring.com