Enter your username:
Do you want to login or register?
  • Forgot your password?

    Login / Register




    Results 1 to 20 of 527

    Threaded View

    1. #11
      Join Date
      Oct 2018
      Location
      Phoenix, AZ
      Posts
      583
      Country Flag: United States
      I appreciate you helping.

      My new radiator came as a "kit" with the radiator, shroud, and 2 14" puller fans. I'm guessing these are no-name china special fans by the look at feel of them. This also is why I am convinced I might just not have enough airflow at low speed because they can't pull air through 3 layers of coolers. I have a Champion 4 row radiator, the largest Vintage Air condenser they offer, and the Earl's power steering and oil coolers in front of that. So there is definitely some heavy heat loads coming through when everything is at operating temp.

      With road racing cars we never ran shrouds, only a Spal fan strapped to the back of the radiator to allow the best airflow possible. I actually have the rubber flaps to vent my current shroud at speed, but it seems like switching fans to a single, larger fan with pwm control would better meet the need anyway. For my current setup I have the fans programmed to shut off if my speed is above 35mph. I also staggered their on-points, but have been using my override button lately which runs them both. I guess I never realized how much heat a functioning AC condenser adds to an already hot system. I can call this another lesson learned.



      I'll shoot you a text, thanks so much for that!
      '95 F-150 track ready street beast
      Want more projects/photos? Check my Instagram





    Advertise on Pro-Touring.com