Enter your username:
Do you want to login or register?
  • Forgot your password?

    Login / Register




    Results 1 to 20 of 527

    Hybrid View

    1. #1
      Join Date
      Oct 2018
      Location
      Phoenix, AZ
      Posts
      583
      Country Flag: United States
      Big night last night. Also a late one, but don't tell my boss. haha

      Turns out I'm an idiot and I wasn't missing a single part for the clutch. That's a story I'll be keeping to myself. So lightweight aluminum flywheel is on with a Mcleod RST twin disk clutch and all held together with good ARP hardware.

      Name:  20200127_190021.jpg
Views: 1343
Size:  255.3 KB

      Then I had the fun of setting my hydraulic throwout bearing depth. I got a Tilton 6000 series and it's a really nice piece, but you have to set the depth and tolerance. I never like doing this job because it gives me anxiety. I've fixed these for other people when they set it up wrong (happens a little too often) so I'm confident that I do know what to do.

      And with all that done I stabbed the transmission in and set it all down in the truck for the final time!

      Name:  20200127_223347.jpg
Views: 1327
Size:  359.5 KB

      I'll take time to fill fluids and route some hoses and wiring while the access is this easy. But the big focus now is on prepping the bottom of the cab.

      One other thing to note, when I bought my transmission it came with the mid shift kit installed with their own brand of shifter. It's a really nice part and works perfectly, but I have a 14" shift lever so the throw has always been longer than I wanted. I recently discovered that Tremec makes a short shift version for their own mid shift kit aimed at trucks. You unfortunately do have to buy the entire conversion kit, but I LOVE a nice tight shift pattern and a shorter shift lever just won't do. So away more money goes. haha

      Name:  20200127_183204.jpg
Views: 1297
Size:  179.9 KB



      You can see how much taller the new shifter is and that's the whole point. I did a quick test last night and it definitely did exactly what I wanted. I'll put the other shfiter and all the conversion components for mid shift up for sale on here later. It would feel perfect in a car with a shorter lever.
      '95 F-150 track ready street beast
      Want more projects/photos? Check my Instagram





    Advertise on Pro-Touring.com