Enter your username:
Do you want to login or register?
  • Forgot your password?

    Login / Register




    Results 1 to 20 of 527

    Hybrid View

    1. #1
      Join Date
      Oct 2018
      Location
      Phoenix, AZ
      Posts
      583
      Country Flag: United States
      Figured I would bring you all up to speed real quick. The next update should be much juicier, but there is always a process that includes the less fun items.

      So while I was away for the holidays the cab was shoved in my garage and the frame was bundled up as best I could in the hopes that I wouldn't be coming home to a pile of rust.

      Name:  20200104_120857.jpg
Views: 1248
Size:  323.5 KB

      Fortunately it worked well even though AZ apparently had about 3 days of rain at one point. I always stress out about this stuff while I'm away. That and some idiot figuring out about all my nice tools/parts and helping themselves.

      While away I got some killer gifts that did include truck parts, but one thing should allow me to give to you guys...

      Name:  20200103_123525.jpg
Views: 1287
Size:  17.1 KB

      So I've been filming most of this project with the idea that I would learn to edit and share on YouTube. That dream hasn't died and my family is supporting the idea by getting me a sweet camera. For those of you interested, I promise I'm trying.

      I immediately went to work doing final welding and adding all the missing plates and tabs after I returned home. That included tipping the frame up to access the bottom easier. I lifted this in position manually...no assistance from equipment. I wish I could weigh just the frame to see what it weighs after all this added structure.

      Name:  20200106_214821.jpg
Views: 1255
Size:  38.0 KB

      That pic is right after I tipped it up and before I finished welding everything. Which then brings me to yesterday. Paint day. After probably 2 months of trying to wrap up frame fab I got to lay down Rust Encapsulator. That will be the base coat to seal the frame surface.

      Name:  20200112_194154.jpg
Views: 1271
Size:  418.8 KB

      One thing to note: I wish I had a decent enough air compressor to spray that on. It would have been soooo much faster and smoother. Luckily the top coat came in spray cans. I'm so excited seeing it in a uniform color FINALLY.



      I will admit that there is a bit of an argument for not painting a frame that will likely need tweaks or complete changes after testing. I just hate rust and I am confident that most of this will be just like you see it. Worst case, I have to grind a small area to weld something and then paint back over it. No big deal.

      Once this all dries by tomorrow I'll set it down and coat the other side. Then I get to install all the shiny new parts I've been hording. This is better than being a kid at Christmas! I think you guys are gonna be blown away.
      '95 F-150 track ready street beast
      Want more projects/photos? Check my Instagram





    Advertise on Pro-Touring.com