Enter your username:
Do you want to login or register?
  • Forgot your password?

    Login / Register




    Results 1 to 20 of 527

    Threaded View

    1. #11
      Join Date
      Oct 2018
      Location
      Phoenix, AZ
      Posts
      583
      Country Flag: United States
      Yeah now that I'm seeing the new setup come together I'm excited to see it completed and I'm definitely liking it all better. This was something that probably did need to happen anyway.

      Speaking of that, yesterday I moved the motor mounts up to the frame which allowed me to cut out my V1 cross member. Poor truck looked so naked without a front suspension. I was able to roughly test fit the new subframe.

      Name:  20190929_185431.jpg
Views: 1348
Size:  179.5 KB



      Yes it hangs lower, but is still an inch higher than the lowest point of the frame. The control arm mounting holes are 1/2" higher than before for better roll center at ride height. WAY more clearance around the oil pan now. I did cut the plates so they extend to the inside of the frame. I am going to use that to help with eliminating flexing of the frame rail under load after this is in. There is a plan.

      If I had started with this, I would have mounted the engine about an inch lower, but I'm not changing all that now since I'm happy with how the drive train is placed. It's already almost 2" lower than stock anyway and I'm not about to redo the headers/exhaust again.

      I'll do my prep work on the bottom of the frame this evening and get ready to really mount everything in. The control arms were painted yesterday and will be fully cured Tuesday afternoon. I'm so excited to see them assembled! Still trying to find a solution for my tie-rod adjusters. I might make a super simple version just for install purposes out of nuts and tube.
      '95 F-150 track ready street beast
      Want more projects/photos? Check my Instagram





    Advertise on Pro-Touring.com