Enter your username:
Do you want to login or register?
  • Forgot your password?

    Login / Register




    Results 1 to 20 of 527

    Hybrid View

    1. #1
      Join Date
      Apr 2010
      Location
      Jersey Shore
      Posts
      695
      Country Flag: United States
      Regarding the ackerman... I think the rule of thumb for was something like if you had an imaginary line drawn through the tie rod end and lower balljoint, the drivers and passenger side should intersect at the rear axle. This would mean for a front steer car, the tie rod end is further out than the lower balljoint. I think its definitely a worthy thing to explore... Alot of the suspension kits that were utilizing a C5/6 spindle are now offering different steering arms to correct the ackerman that was designed into the C5/6 spindle with the intention of a different wheelbase.

      -Chris
      '69 Corvette
      '55 Chevy Hardtop
      AutoWorks Middletown, NJ
      @autoworksnj for corvette and shop car pics
      https://www.pro-touring.com/showthre...e-Build-Thread


    2. #2
      Join Date
      Oct 2018
      Location
      Phoenix, AZ
      Posts
      583
      Country Flag: United States
      Quote Originally Posted by vette427-sbc View Post
      Regarding the ackerman... I think the rule of thumb for was something like if you had an imaginary line drawn through the tie rod end and lower balljoint, the drivers and passenger side should intersect at the rear axle. This would mean for a front steer car, the tie rod end is further out than the lower balljoint. I think its definitely a worthy thing to explore... Alot of the suspension kits that were utilizing a C5/6 spindle are now offering different steering arms to correct the ackerman that was designed into the C5/6 spindle with the intention of a different wheelbase.
      I think I did see a couple crude drawings online that showed something along those lines, thanks! I also noticed all the different steering arms for vette spindles and I'm kind of jealous about it. I found 2 options for my spindles so far, but one is for circle track and I'm not too sure about it yet. The other looks great aside from it saying it's for zero ackerman front steer. These people are killing me here! Haha. As usual I'm stuck with the idea of having to make my own, but I have no idea how to even start that and make sure it's strong enough. Anyone ever made steering arms?
      '95 F-150 track ready street beast
      Want more projects/photos? Check my Instagram




    Advertise on Pro-Touring.com