Enter your username:
Do you want to login or register?
  • Forgot your password?

    Login / Register




    Results 1 to 20 of 527

    Threaded View

    1. #11
      Join Date
      Jun 2012
      Location
      South Lyon, MI
      Posts
      1,244
      Country Flag: United States
      Okay, I admit I am no expert. However, you are mounting the spindle assembly on two spherical joints. The ball has no physical "axis". That is what makes ball joints and spherical bearings so good.

      What exactly is the issue with the misalignment of the two ball joint taper axes? The suspension cannot tell kinematically. The spindle will pivot about an axis through both balls regardless of the location of the mounting taper.



      Can somebody explain why your current design will not work so that I, as an engineer, can understand the problem? I can understand if you are trying to reduce your kingpin inclination. But if that is not your goal. Your design should work.





    Advertise on Pro-Touring.com