Enter your username:
Do you want to login or register?
  • Forgot your password?

    Login / Register




    Results 1 to 20 of 527

    Threaded View

    1. #10
      Join Date
      Jun 2012
      Location
      South Lyon, MI
      Posts
      1,244
      Country Flag: United States
      Quote Originally Posted by Sbeck09 View Post
      Ok guys I feel I should voice a concern here so you can all hit me with blunt constructive criticism and make sure I'm building safely. Really, don't hold back.

      I keep thinking about my lower control arms. I love that they are so adjustable, but I am concerned about the amount of load each side is going to deal with. Plus the arms are made from 1.25 x .120 DOM so I'm worried about bending even if I reinforce the shock mount well. Would I be better served to completely dump the clevis pin on the wheel side and move up to 1.5 x .120 DOM? This way both sides of the arms are welded to the outer bearing cup and the arm has more meat all around. I would still maintain the inner heims for some adjustment.

      Remember that this thing will probably weigh around 3500lbs with sticky 315s. Front weight bias could be up to 60%.

      Thoughts? Best guesses?
      Okay, but just because you asked.

      Circle track racers use often use strut type front lower control arms (loosely based on the old Ford design). See https://www.speedwaymotors.com/AFCO-...ss,241256.html.

      They do not use a clevis on the lower arm though. the forward strut bolts to the lower "arm" with two bolts. I would suggest changing the clevis to a bolted strut like this example or a Mustang II front end. I think you are pretty close.

      Name:  20151112_1630411.jpg
Views: 1200
Size:  226.6 KB






    Advertise on Pro-Touring.com