Enter your username:
Do you want to login or register?
  • Forgot your password?

    Login / Register




    Results 1 to 20 of 527

    Hybrid View

    1. #1
      Join Date
      Oct 2018
      Location
      Phoenix, AZ
      Posts
      583
      Country Flag: United States
      Yes and yes. The boxing plate is wayyyy thinner. I'll measure it when I cut some.



      With a low ride height and street driving I know there is a very good risk of hitting something. In my former BMW track car, I had to replace a bent sub frame thanks to a fuel station storage tank cap that was not down all the way. Seriously. Not a happy day. And that car wasn't slammed either. That's why I'm not worried about the few extra pounds for the additional rigidity. Plus these are soft, flexible frames so I'm trying to help reduce that.

      Is this even close to what you were expecting when you suggested this method?
      '95 F-150 track ready street beast
      Want more projects/photos? Check my Instagram


    2. #2
      Join Date
      Mar 2018
      Location
      la mesa, CA
      Posts
      242
      Quote Originally Posted by Sbeck09 View Post
      Yes and yes. The boxing plate is wayyyy thinner. I'll measure it when I cut some.

      With a low ride height and street driving I know there is a very good risk of hitting something. In my former BMW track car, I had to replace a bent sub frame thanks to a fuel station storage tank cap that was not down all the way. Seriously. Not a happy day. And that car wasn't slammed either. That's why I'm not worried about the few extra pounds for the additional rigidity. Plus these are soft, flexible frames so I'm trying to help reduce that.

      Is this even close to what you were expecting when you suggested this method?
      Yep!
      When I do plate stuff I drop the filler piece inset 3/8's to allow for welding and such. I would (not a pro) think that you should box the hell out of the frame and weld it in sections and slowly to prevent warping. That crossmember is going to make it very stiff and right after it I (again not a pro) would thing the frame will flex like crazy.

      have I said how stoked I am on this build!
      Follow my Instagram
      And my build on here
      check out Opentracker Racing Products




    Advertise on Pro-Touring.com