Enter your username:
Do you want to login or register?
  • Forgot your password?

    Login / Register




    Results 1 to 20 of 527

    Hybrid View

    1. #1
      Join Date
      Oct 2018
      Location
      Phoenix, AZ
      Posts
      583
      Country Flag: United States
      Fascinating. I've never seen any kind of numbers like that so thanks for sharing! I'm definitely trying to keep it all tighter than that, but will all the adjustments I'm building in I'll probably be fine. If not I guess I'll build it all again. Haha.

      I found 3 different holes that match on each frame rail. That should be enough to get me going. Thanks to you, the new plan is the use two layers of steel plate to form a main crossmember with a tube on each side running back to tie it in. I'll try to keep this updated as I go along this weekend. I should make way more sense when I post photos.

      '95 F-150 track ready street beast
      Want more projects/photos? Check my Instagram


    2. #2
      Join Date
      Mar 2018
      Location
      la mesa, CA
      Posts
      242
      Quote Originally Posted by Sbeck09 View Post
      Fascinating. I've never seen any kind of numbers like that so thanks for sharing! I'm definitely trying to keep it all tighter than that, but will all the adjustments I'm building in I'll probably be fine. If not I guess I'll build it all again. Haha.

      I found 3 different holes that match on each frame rail. That should be enough to get me going. Thanks to you, the new plan is the use two layers of steel plate to form a main crossmember with a tube on each side running back to tie it in. I'll try to keep this updated as I go along this weekend. I should make way more sense when I post photos.
      You can use the body mount holes if they are in the same place as well.
      Follow my Instagram
      And my build on here
      check out Opentracker Racing Products

    3. #3
      Join Date
      Aug 2012
      Location
      Peoria, AZ
      Posts
      1,758
      Country Flag: United States
      The front right lower control arm mount on my car was 3/16" up on my car when I blue printed all the pivot points on it. Ron showed on Percormanve Trends how much that changed how each lower control arm moved on different arcs in compression. I fixed it bit also made many other changes at the same time so cant say exactly how much difference that one correction made.

      I also commensurate with the difficultly in making measurements on a blank slate. I had the same difficulties when trying to place the sway bar end link tabs on my lower control arms in a way to prevent bind thru full travel range. Took me two trys to get them right.
      Lance
      1985 Monte Carlo SS Street Car

    4. #4
      Join Date
      Oct 2018
      Location
      Phoenix, AZ
      Posts
      583
      Country Flag: United States
      Quote Originally Posted by Project Bike Truck View Post
      You can use the body mount holes if they are in the same place as well.
      Good idea. I believe the front cab mounts are identical according to the OEM spec sheet. I'll double check.

      Quote Originally Posted by SSLance View Post
      I also commensurate with the difficultly in making measurements on a blank slate. I had the same difficulties when trying to place the sway bar end link tabs on my lower control arms in a way to prevent bind thru full travel range. Took me two trys to get them right.
      That may very well be what I end up doing. I couldn't even make good use of that program without measurements to plug yet. I figure I'll build the main structure this weekend and plug in a few numbers in based on that. Hopefully I'm not totally screwing the geometry. Haha. I'm taking idea from Griggs racing and Factory Five among others.
      '95 F-150 track ready street beast
      Want more projects/photos? Check my Instagram




    Advertise on Pro-Touring.com