Enter your username:
Do you want to login or register?
  • Forgot your password?

    Login / Register




    Results 1 to 20 of 527

    Threaded View

    1. #11
      Join Date
      Oct 2018
      Location
      Phoenix, AZ
      Posts
      583
      Country Flag: United States
      That's an incredible price if it's really the entire frame!



      I really thought about not painting anything yet and just putting it all together (god knows it's tempting just so I get it running faster), but I would prefer to not need to remove the cab, bed, or engine after it's installed to drive. I fully expect to need to make changes after doing some running. That's actually one of the main reasons for paint over powder (easier to remove and re coat). I also despise rust and I know I would constantly fuss about any splashes or washing if it's not coated with something. In reality, if I run this for the next couple years, I'll end up just doing an entire custom frame. It would solve a ton of compromises and look way better. Or I'll have so many issues with what I've done here that I'll have to build a new frame next year. Haha.

      I'd prefer to be driving asap since I plan to run the hell out of it all next year. I want to run in optima and I'm already registered for the Pro Touring Truck Shootout in August. I want to have plenty of seat time before then.

      I didn't talk about the brakes openly yet, but I need to change my master cylinder since I've drastically altered the calipers at both ends. Wilwood has a better deal than Baer by about 50% for one that just mounts right up and they recommend no less than 18in of vacuum at idle to be safe with a booster. My engine will probably only do about 9in at best. I can't verify that until it runs. So as much as I genuinely prefer power brakes I'll likely have to go full manual. I just don't know enough info yet to determine which size of master and if I really have to. I considered an electric vacuum pump system to make up the difference, but they are absurdly expensive kits for something so simple.

      As always, suggestions and input on the topic are welcome!
      '95 F-150 track ready street beast
      Want more projects/photos? Check my Instagram





    Advertise on Pro-Touring.com