Enter your username:
Do you want to login or register?
  • Forgot your password?

    Login / Register




    Results 1 to 20 of 527

    Threaded View

    1. #10
      Join Date
      Mar 2018
      Location
      la mesa, CA
      Posts
      242
      Quote Originally Posted by Sbeck09 View Post
      I need some input from you guys again.

      Tonight I want to finally get the chassis totally level so I can hopefully get the suspension sub frames in this weekend. At least close to in. It's sitting on 4 heavy duty jack stands and is close, but not perfect enough. I was thinking I'd shove little steel shims on top of the jack stands to get it perfect and then tack them with the welder so it can't move.

      Outside of a chassis table (hopefully one day I'll get one), what do you guys suggest for being stable while modifying the frame?
      Hey if you check out my build in the early stages I made stands in 8 or so places and welded them to the body. I used a digital level on about every surface I could level off of. I then cut the metal to match the level of my frame and my sloped floor. the car is within .05 degree of level on the entire car. that's as close as could get with a car that had been on the road since 63 and had a hack restoration.

      I love this build keep it up.

      Follow my Instagram
      And my build on here
      check out Opentracker Racing Products





    Advertise on Pro-Touring.com