Enter your username:
Do you want to login or register?
  • Forgot your password?

    Login / Register




    Results 101 to 120 of 527

    Threaded View

    1. #11
      Join Date
      Oct 2018
      Location
      Phoenix, AZ
      Posts
      583
      Country Flag: United States
      Man I'm going to spoil you guys with these mid-week updates. Haha.

      First off, BIG thanks to jonesbs9 on here. He texted me some great info this morning to help with the IRS install since he's already done it successfully.

      This evening's task was to drop the entire truck down and level it at ride height. That was.....interesting. Aside from the crazy running back an forth from side to side to gradually lower the jack stands (yay for working solo), I ended up actually dropping the truck on the ground. Scared the hell out of me at the time. I guess a jack stand got kicked sideways and fell. Luckily nothing broke and it was already halfway down. Sorry I didn't get pics. I was focused on picking it back up.



      Here is where it ended up. Bear in mind that this rear sub frame is sitting 2.5" too low. I had my suspicions and jonesbs9 told me that it would seem like it would be setting too high in the frame, but it would really be right. He knew his ****. By my original measurements, this should have been acceptable. No big deal.

      Name:  20190131_211504.jpg
Views: 1457
Size:  276.9 KB

      The entire point of doing this was to find issues like this:

      Name:  20190131_211523.jpg
Views: 1463
Size:  263.4 KB

      Somewhere I didn't quite measure right and you can see that my lower control arm is angled up. This will royally screw my roll center so I'll probably just cut the tacks on the cross member and shave about 1/2" off the top to raise it. At least the steering rack will have more ground clearance this way.

      Name:  20190131_211706.jpg
Views: 1456
Size:  173.4 KB

      MOAR LOW! I'm 5'10" for reference. Lowest point on the frame to the ground is 6.5". I think this makes it manageable around town but low enough to handle great. Time will tell.
      '95 F-150 track ready street beast
      Want more projects/photos? Check my Instagram





    Advertise on Pro-Touring.com