Enter your username:
Do you want to login or register?
  • Forgot your password?

    Login / Register




    Results 1 to 20 of 527

    Hybrid View

    1. #1
      Join Date
      Oct 2018
      Location
      Phoenix, AZ
      Posts
      583
      Country Flag: United States
      Quote Originally Posted by frink84 View Post
      I used to have a S197 GT and spent a LOT of time in the front wheelhouse. The car ended up with aftermarket ball joints, tie rods, and GT500 brakes before I sold it. Good platform to start with for your plans!
      Then this is going to look somewhat familiar to you as I get it together. I've decided on factory 14" Brembos (GT500/Boss 302) for the front and 12" Cobra IRS rotors with the Mark VIII rear calipers in the rear. Initially I'll try to use the original brake master, but it may not be quite enough to push all these bigger pistons without a major leg workout (I skip leg day).

      If any one is wanting to question the upper control arm idea on a strut type spindle, it's good enough for Factory Five and they have a lot more on the line than me. We used to race late model S197s at 3800+ lbs on 315 Hoosier A7s all the way around with down force. I think my 3400lb (a guy can dream) truck on 200tw 315s should be fine if I design it right.



      Those of you already running: I'm thinking a matching coilover at all 4 corners with different spring rates. 12 inch ride height with roughly 4 inches of travel. I see QA1 and ridetech offer similar single adjustables. Any input on those or other options? I want simple, but effective with the option to bolt in triple adjustables later. Triples are more than double the cost which is too much right now.
      '95 F-150 track ready street beast
      Want more projects/photos? Check my Instagram


    2. #2
      Join Date
      Jan 2016
      Location
      Chino Valley, AZ
      Posts
      134
      Country Flag: United States
      Quote Originally Posted by Sbeck09 View Post
      Then this is going to look somewhat familiar to you as I get it together. I've decided on factory 14" Brembos (GT500/Boss 302) for the front and 12" Cobra IRS rotors with the Mark VIII rear calipers in the rear. Initially I'll try to use the original brake master, but it may not be quite enough to push all these bigger pistons without a major leg workout (I skip leg day).
      those brakes will be absolutely killer. on my s197 they were the best brakes i've ever felt! SO MUCH stopping power
      84 Ford LTD Wagon
      05 Ford Excursion
      Instagram




    Advertise on Pro-Touring.com