Enter your username:
Do you want to login or register?
  • Forgot your password?

    Login / Register




    Results 1 to 20 of 527

    Hybrid View

    1. #1
      Join Date
      Oct 2018
      Location
      Phoenix, AZ
      Posts
      583
      Country Flag: United States
      Little more work on the truck and a new part to finish up front suspension fab. Yes...I know I keep saying that, but I do need a sway bar. Shoutout to Speedway Engineering for this one. They aren't a sponsor, but I chatted with them back at Goodguys Scottsdale and just got around to calling to see what we could do. They are incredibly nice and knowledgeable plus their prices are VERY fair. I looked at a ton of options and they ended up being the cheapest and best fitting somehow. This bar with this length of arms is 375lbs of resistance (I think). I can go up to like 425ish if I recall correctly. Right now it's purely guessing on my part so I left room to go up or down in stiffness.

      Name:  20190613_185529.jpg
Views: 1506
Size:  409.2 KB

      Not sure where to mount it yet. I'll probably be better off mounting it under the frame rails. Also, should I bend the arms out toward the lower shock mount? My brain is telling me that it won't be very effective this far toward the pivot point on the control arm. I can ask the neighbor to bring his torch and try to bend it out somehow.

      Name:  20190613_204937.jpg
Views: 1496
Size:  295.2 KB

      Then I got to work laying out my shock mounts and mockup shocks. These have all been set to the 12.5" length that my ridetech shocks will be at ride height. One big question I have here is whether or not the angle of the shock matters at all on a double wishbone setup like this? The front is about 3 degrees leaned back and the rear is about 2 degrees forward. I did it purely for clearance in the rear and just to make it look uniform up front.



      Name:  20190613_205522.jpg
Views: 1477
Size:  187.0 KB

      No I'm not mounting the upper shock like this, but it just made sense for the purposes of seeing how it fits. I'll have to build something out of plate to hold it away. I haven't worked that solution out yet. I'm waiting until the lower mount is tacked on.

      Name:  20190613_205534.jpg
Views: 1575
Size:  220.4 KB

      You can see how tight the rear is on the S550s when you run coilovers. And this is with the ridetech swaybar relocation brackets, endlink flip, and their lower shock mounts from their own coilover kit. I really had to sweet talk them for these separate, but it's super helpful.

      Name:  20190613_211914.jpg
Views: 1428
Size:  233.7 KB

      If I can find an answer by tomorrow afternoon I'll be burning these mounts in after work. Then I can finish weld all the suspension for good. Kinda hard to believe I'm actually that close to done measuring everything 50x on this.
      '95 F-150 track ready street beast
      Want more projects/photos? Check my Instagram





    Advertise on Pro-Touring.com