Enter your username:
Do you want to login or register?
  • Forgot your password?

    Login / Register




    Results 1 to 20 of 100

    Hybrid View

    1. #1
      Join Date
      Sep 2013
      Location
      Oakley, CA
      Posts
      108
      Country Flag: United States
      No real update, finally starting to see straight lines and all bad metal is being removed and replaced.

      Attached Images Attached Images    
      ------------------------------
      69 Camaro LS3/6L80e
      70 Camaro RS LS3/6l80e
      74 Nova 434 SBC


    2. #2
      Join Date
      Jan 2019
      Location
      Naperville, IL
      Posts
      2
      Country Flag: United States
      Wow. Great project. It is really coming along nice. I am contemplating a similar LS3/6L80E swap into a 79Z28. You say you used a Hooker trans cross member but I don't see a crossmember listed on thier site for the 6L80E. Can you share which one you used and if any modifications or customization was necessary? When you did your test fit did you happen to get a measurement for how far the G8 pan sat below the subframe rails? I know it's hard to judge true ground clearance until it is all together and the weight and ride height on the car but wonder if you looked at it from the perspective of how far the pan was below the frame rails?

      Murph

    3. #3
      Join Date
      Sep 2013
      Location
      Oakley, CA
      Posts
      108
      Country Flag: United States
      Quote Originally Posted by camaromurph View Post
      Wow. Great project. It is really coming along nice. I am contemplating a similar LS3/6L80E swap into a 79Z28. You say you used a Hooker trans cross member but I don't see a crossmember listed on thier site for the 6L80E. Can you share which one you used and if any modifications or customization was necessary? When you did your test fit did you happen to get a measurement for how far the G8 pan sat below the subframe rails? I know it's hard to judge true ground clearance until it is all together and the weight and ride height on the car but wonder if you looked at it from the perspective of how far the pan was below the frame rails?

      Murph
      Thank you, it's been a process. I spoke with Hooker tech and HOK-12614HKR works perfect. It's listed for a 4L60 transmission. The holes lined up for without any extra drilling, but might be different for a 79. Energy Suspension transmission mount ENS-3-1142G was also used. I didn't get a measurment on how far below it sat, but I can tell you it gave the car a lot more clearance in comparison to the original pan that came with the 6L80E. The car is lowered 2" in the front and 3" in the back, but the G8 pan is the shallowest pan to my knowledge for this trans.

      Win
      ------------------------------
      69 Camaro LS3/6L80e
      70 Camaro RS LS3/6l80e
      74 Nova 434 SBC

    4. #4
      Join Date
      Jan 2019
      Location
      Naperville, IL
      Posts
      2
      Country Flag: United States
      Quote Originally Posted by Royalty Rides View Post
      Thank you, it's been a process. I spoke with Hooker tech and HOK-12614HKR works perfect. It's listed for a 4L60 transmission. The holes lined up for without any extra drilling, but might be different for a 79. Energy Suspension transmission mount ENS-3-1142G was also used. I didn't get a measurment on how far below it sat, but I can tell you it gave the car a lot more clearance in comparison to the original pan that came with the 6L80E. The car is lowered 2" in the front and 3" in the back, but the G8 pan is the shallowest pan to my knowledge for this trans.

      Win
      Thanks. When you get it back together I wouldn't mind getting a dimension for how far the pan sits below the frame rails. I don't plan to purchase until April/May so I'm hoping you might have it back together by then

      Murph




    Advertise on Pro-Touring.com