Enter your username:
Do you want to login or register?
  • Forgot your password?

    Login / Register




    Results 1 to 20 of 45

    Threaded View

    1. #15
      Join Date
      May 2010
      Location
      Phoenix AZ
      Posts
      169
      Country Flag: United States
      Quote Originally Posted by cbpldc View Post
      Pardon my ignorance, but won't porting the manifold where it goes into the turbo slow down the velocity of the air thus making it feel a bit more "laggy"? I mean obviously, the more air you can get in and out of an engine, the more power you can make, but where does one strike the balance on an engine like this.

      With that question out of the way, I want to say I think you've got an awesome project here, and I love your powertrain choice. These engines can make amazing power.



      Chris
      On a stock truck I probably would not have spent the time but the manifolds start to restrict around the 400hp @ tire. My first swap 3.5 Eco made 420/532 @ tire but there was simply no more left in it without different turbo's. The stock exit on manifolds is barely 1.125" in diameter, With a very minor turbo upgrade they will make 480-500 @ tire. My tune only 3.5 would buzz freely over 6000 without effort. The amount I opened up current project to is just to size of a stock gasket. Very much needed to get to the 500 RWHP goal. Anything over that amount and the pistons and rods will not hold up. Even then its a bit iffy around the 500 RWHP mark. I am hoping the current state 3.5 Eco will push my F250 into the 11's in the 1/4 Mile & 113-115 MPH





    Advertise on Pro-Touring.com