Enter your username:
Do you want to login or register?
  • Forgot your password?

    Login / Register




    Results 1 to 20 of 58

    Hybrid View

    1. #1
      Join Date
      Mar 2012
      Posts
      285
      Country Flag: United States
      Quote Originally Posted by Richard454 View Post
      His is actually out of a Maserati.... used the same engine.

      The engine cost 4 times more if it came out of a Ferrari (does have a 100 HP more) than what the Maserati engine goes for...

      "The F136, commonly known as Ferrari-Maserati engine, is a family of 90° V8 petrol engines jointly developed by Ferrari and Maserati[citation needed] and produced by Ferrari; these engines displace between 4.2 L and 4.7 L, and produce between 390 PS (287 kW; 385 hp) and to 605 PS (445 kW; 597 hp). All engines are naturally aspirated, incorporate dual overhead camshafts, variable valve timing, and four valves per cylinder.

      The architecture has been produced in various configurations for cars under those badges as well as for a single Alfa Romeo model. All three companies are owned by Fiat Chrysler Automobiles, formerly Fiat S.p.A. under whom the engine sharing program was organized."




      Really nice work-

      What are looking at for engine management? I'm thinking the Megasquirt MS3PRO would be the ticket.

      Richard
      I get it. I have a 430.


      Fiat owned Ferrari and Maserati when the engine was built - Sort of like the Bugatti motor... not really a VW or Audi, but owned by them.

      And holy crap, I am not a Ford guy, but love this build.





    Advertise on Pro-Touring.com