Enter your username:
Do you want to login or register?
  • Forgot your password?

    Login / Register




    Results 1 to 20 of 204

    Hybrid View

    1. #1
      Join Date
      Dec 2015
      Posts
      198
      Country Flag: United States
      Great build thread and great work! I really like the mods you're doing, thanks for sharing! Keep up the great work and progress updates.



    2. #2
      Join Date
      Aug 2017
      Location
      South Dakota
      Posts
      153
      Country Flag: United States
      Its been a little while since I last posted but things are still moving. A combination of some end of summer long weekend vacations, working on another project along side mine, and working on buying a new house have slowed things just a bit. Our shop is full to the brim with customer cars so I am borrowing some shop space from the guy who I built the red 69 for and as I use his shop to work on mine I am also helping him on another 69 build he has going. The new house I'm currently working on will have a shop on it so I have a place for the toys and to work on them!

      Here is a pic of the other 69 I am helping with along side my 70 in my spare time.
      Name:  21687757_10159877464220354_2420710936006611707_n.jpg
Views: 2326
Size:  72.8 KB

    3. #3
      Join Date
      Aug 2017
      Location
      South Dakota
      Posts
      153
      Country Flag: United States
      I am getting closer to being ready to prime the car. There is some fine tuning to do but the bulk of the filler work and blocking are done until primer. I took a fair amount of time working dents and had a friend come in for some PDR stuff but a little filler was needed to get it where I wanted. The car will be a driver but I still want to be proud of the work and have it do our shop justice when it's out and about.

      Name:  21686481_10159877463310354_7638654593048239740_n.jpg
Views: 2310
Size:  63.0 KB

      Name:  21687741_10159877463395354_8411707298758801318_n.jpg
Views: 2278
Size:  59.1 KB

      Name:  21765089_10159877462655354_2689534589635786232_n.jpg
Views: 2299
Size:  70.4 KB

      Name:  21765221_10159877463365354_3007996550591389323_n.jpg
Views: 2294
Size:  59.9 KB

      Name:  22008188_10159877463400354_7887758748099645528_n.jpg
Views: 2297
Size:  63.6 KB

      Name:  21766294_10159877462845354_3103699385870677373_n.jpg
Views: 2304
Size:  60.6 KB

      Name:  21766606_10159877463215354_2703119255458807261_n.jpg
Views: 2278
Size:  56.1 KB

    4. #4
      Join Date
      Apr 2016
      Location
      England
      Posts
      55
      Country Flag: England
      Really nice car! Great work and some ideas I'll be stealing for my '69 project. ;)

    5. #5
      Join Date
      Aug 2017
      Location
      South Dakota
      Posts
      153
      Country Flag: United States
      Quote Originally Posted by Badhand View Post
      Really nice car! Great work and some ideas I'll be stealing for my '69 project. ;)
      Thanks!

    6. #6
      Join Date
      Aug 2017
      Location
      South Dakota
      Posts
      153
      Country Flag: United States
      I'm still working on my project but I have lots of things going on right now so I haven't gotten in near as much time as I would like. I tore the car down and have started final prep before I start spraying primer and paint. I also added some additional shock tower braces just for some more strength along with some extra welding to beef things up a bit. I will be applying some heavier bed liner product to the underside for protection and some sound deadening. The current plan is to use some lizard skin sound control and ceramic products on the inside of the car along with Dynamat. I originally had the engine bay gloss black with a textured finish but have sanded that down smooth and will do some body work over the holes I have welded up and I will paint the engine bay body color this time around.

      Name:  IMG_2727.jpg
Views: 2715
Size:  214.7 KB

      Name:  IMG_2715.jpg
Views: 2716
Size:  185.2 KB




    Advertise on Pro-Touring.com