Enter your username:
Do you want to login or register?
  • Forgot your password?

    Login / Register




    Page 2 of 11 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 ... LastLast
    Results 21 to 40 of 204

    Hybrid View

    1. #1
      Join Date
      Aug 2017
      Location
      South Dakota
      Posts
      153
      Country Flag: United States
      I'm fortunate enough to have Dakota Digital just down the road from me and we use a lot of their gauges on our projects in the the shop. Now and then we will have a project car in our shop that is on their list that they do not yet produce a gauge for and we are able to allow their engineers to come out to take measurements and borrow dash or gauge clusters to help them produce a new gauge set for their lineup. That allows us to work out some deals for our personal projects. I was able to negotiate a new custom gauge cluster for my 70 and also do a matching clock for the other side. I think they turned out pretty good. I haven't decided if I want to keep the gauge bezels the pearl orange body color or do something different this time around. The pictures are not the best but they look really good in person!

      Name:  69F-MUS-Cust-Mockup (003) (1).jpg
Views: 7980
Size:  85.6 KB

      Name:  20638087_10159621628470354_4749606714260342345_n.jpg
Views: 7913
Size:  88.2 KB

      Name:  20664090_10159621628465354_7891135770717660102_n.jpg
Views: 7842
Size:  106.3 KB



    2. #2
      Join Date
      Jan 2010
      Location
      Long island NY
      Posts
      320
      Country Flag: United States
      Nice ride
      70 Mustang fastback 428 sb

    3. #3
      Join Date
      Aug 2017
      Location
      South Dakota
      Posts
      153
      Country Flag: United States
      Still on my exhaust preparation kick I decided to make one more modification to make sure I could keep everything tucked up tight. I sold my existing Hooker Competition long tubes. Having done quite a few Mustangs and knowing my goals I picked up a set of FPA headers for the car. They are between a mid length header and a long tube and fit really well and are a quality set of headers. They don't come down near as far as the Hooker's but where there is a little bit of and issue is the floor pan brace where the transmission crossmember bolts to. I decided I could make a little room for some extra clearance here.

      Name:  20663670_10159613501985354_6341270205854520920_n.jpg
Views: 7753
Size:  102.8 KB

      Name:  20708449_10159613501860354_7968390248399257868_n.jpg
Views: 7829
Size:  64.5 KB

      Name:  20663627_10159613502010354_2637812355924219656_n.jpg
Views: 7814
Size:  89.7 KB

      Name:  20638336_10159613501995354_6902708618411770201_n.jpg
Views: 7735
Size:  75.6 KB

      Name:  20638368_10159613502060354_2766714771539027961_n.jpg
Views: 7659
Size:  84.5 KB

    4. #4
      Join Date
      Aug 2017
      Location
      South Dakota
      Posts
      153
      Country Flag: United States
      I wanted to do a tittle chassis stiffening up front and picked up a set of Global West outer shock tower braces. I gave them a trial run and had no issues getting the coil springs in and out with them in place so I decided to weld them on rather than bolting so I could keep a cleaner look in the engine bay with a little less hardware showing. I also made a brace to go from the Global West brace down to the torque box to tie the two together for some added strength. I will also be using the Total Control export brace with Monte Carlo bar and trusses.

      Name:  20621081_10159613501445354_8290445348331423631_n.jpg
Views: 7690
Size:  63.7 KB

      Name:  20622033_10159613502255354_2894850712807904920_n.jpg
Views: 7710
Size:  63.4 KB

      Name:  20638978_10159613502215354_7009878716489451777_n.jpg
Views: 7852
Size:  58.6 KB

    5. #5
      Join Date
      Aug 2017
      Location
      South Dakota
      Posts
      153
      Country Flag: United States
      Knowing that I wanted a low ride height stance and needing everything to work well with wider tires and no rubbing issues I addressed a few things. Besides the mini tub in the rear I also let the quarts move as far out as possible before plug welding it to the outer wheelhouse lip gaining some extra room there also. I then trimmed back the lip using 3/4" masking tape as my guide for a nice consistent lip with a somewhat factory appearance. It seems like flares are real popular right now but I wanted to gain the clearance and maintain a factory look.

      For the front I had just recently did a full concourse restoration on a 70 Boss 302 and got to see how the factory rolled and flared the fenders for these cars. I bought an Eastwood fender roller and rolled the lip of the front fender up making an almost C shape. As I did this the fender also flared out some gaining more clearance but nothing drastic. I then trimmed the top of the lip back like ford had done on the Boss leaving just enough at the top for strength and tapering the edge as I worked my way down the sides to keep the stock appearance.

      Name:  20621059_10159613501150354_1119017018583828827_n.jpg
Views: 8220
Size:  76.5 KB

      Name:  20664539_10159613503120354_3486049015197928065_n.jpg
Views: 7538
Size:  70.5 KB

      Name:  20622112_10159613503580354_7287859427287235403_n.jpg
Views: 7630
Size:  67.2 KB

    6. #6
      Join Date
      Apr 2017
      Posts
      22
      This looks great. How much did you add below the rocker, quarter and fender? I am thinking about doing it on my falcon.

    7. #7
      Join Date
      Aug 2017
      Location
      South Dakota
      Posts
      153
      Country Flag: United States
      Quote Originally Posted by bstory62 View Post
      This looks great. How much did you add below the rocker, quarter and fender? I am thinking about doing it on my falcon.
      This is the basic shape and size I used. It was tweaked slightly when I made the piece full length. The rockers and fender portions are the same just finished a little different at the ends. The quarter extensions were slimmer and I had to taper them as I got to the rear so it didn't look funny from behind.

      Name:  IMG_2308.jpg
Views: 2749
Size:  171.0 KB

      Here is an example of what it will look like once finished. I used the same dimensions for this 69 GT I did a while back.

      Name:  IMG_2094.jpg
Views: 2792
Size:  165.3 KB
      Name:  IMG_0847.jpg
Views: 2783
Size:  61.7 KB
      Name:  IMG_0846.jpg
Views: 2799
Size:  64.5 KB

    8. #8
      Join Date
      Apr 2017
      Posts
      22
      Quote Originally Posted by builttodrive View Post
      This is the basic shape and size I used. It was tweaked slightly when I made the piece full length. The rockers and fender portions are the same just finished a little different at the ends. The quarter extensions were slimmer and I had to taper them as I got to the rear so it didn't look funny from behind.

      Name:  IMG_2308.jpg
Views: 2749
Size:  171.0 KB

      Here is an example of what it will look like once finished. I used the same dimensions for this 69 GT I did a while back.

      Name:  IMG_2094.jpg
Views: 2792
Size:  165.3 KB
      Name:  IMG_0847.jpg
Views: 2783
Size:  61.7 KB
      Name:  IMG_0846.jpg
Views: 2799
Size:  64.5 KB

      Thank you very much. Can't wait to see more of this car!

    9. #9
      Join Date
      Aug 2017
      Location
      South Dakota
      Posts
      153
      Country Flag: United States
      Addressing gaps.....
      Name:  20621895_10159613503630354_6164025887062729213_n.jpg
Views: 2694
Size:  43.8 KB

    10. #10
      Join Date
      Oct 2016
      Posts
      587
      nice build !

    11. #11
      Join Date
      Aug 2017
      Location
      South Dakota
      Posts
      153
      Country Flag: United States
      Quote Originally Posted by berdunord View Post
      nice build !
      Thank you!

    12. #12
      Join Date
      Jan 2014
      Location
      Bakersfield, Ca
      Posts
      11
      Country Flag: United States
      Yes, very nice build. I'm envious of you guys with no fear.
      Bob Mac
      There are two kinds of people, those who own pickups and those who borrow them.

    13. #13
      Join Date
      Aug 2017
      Location
      South Dakota
      Posts
      153
      Country Flag: United States
      Quote Originally Posted by 56rpm View Post
      Yes, very nice build. I'm envious of you guys with no fear.
      Thank you!

    14. #14
      Join Date
      Nov 2006
      Location
      Ma.
      Posts
      5,560
      Country Flag: United States
      Great build, I like the. Hanged your making. I couldn't believe the difference on the gauge pod when you painted it, really made It pop. Nice work.
      Wayne
      Car FINALLY home !!!!!! lol
      Project FNQUIK https://www.pro-touring.com/showthre...ghlight=FNQUIK

    15. #15
      Join Date
      Aug 2017
      Location
      South Dakota
      Posts
      153
      Country Flag: United States
      Quote Originally Posted by Motown 454 View Post
      Great build, I like the. Hanged your making. I couldn't believe the difference on the gauge pod when you painted it, really made It pop. Nice work.
      Thanks! I'm excited to see the gauges in the car soon!

    16. #16
      Join Date
      Dec 2011
      Posts
      135
      Country Flag: United States
      Beautiful car, nice execution !!! Keep the updates coming

    17. #17
      Join Date
      Aug 2017
      Location
      South Dakota
      Posts
      153
      Country Flag: United States
      Quote Originally Posted by Bossed View Post
      Beautiful car, nice execution !!! Keep the updates coming
      Thank you! Its all in my spare time but I'm working on it daily!

      Bstory62: No problem. Hope I could be of some help!

    18. #18
      Join Date
      Jan 2006
      Location
      McKinney, TX
      Posts
      1,623
      Country Flag: United States
      Very nice work, gorgeous car
      66 Mustang "Project: Ballin on a budget"
      89 Mustang "Box Wine"

    19. #19
      Join Date
      Aug 2017
      Location
      South Dakota
      Posts
      153
      Country Flag: United States
      Quote Originally Posted by Z06killinSBF View Post
      Very nice work, gorgeous car
      Thank You!

      - - - Updated - - -

      Quote Originally Posted by 813Demon340 View Post
      Great build thread and great work! I really like the mods you're doing, thanks for sharing! Keep up the great work and progress updates.
      Thank you!

    20. #20
      Join Date
      Dec 2015
      Posts
      198
      Country Flag: United States
      Great build thread and great work! I really like the mods you're doing, thanks for sharing! Keep up the great work and progress updates.

    Page 2 of 11 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 ... LastLast



    Advertise on Pro-Touring.com