Enter your username:
Do you want to login or register?
  • Forgot your password?

    Login / Register




    Results 1 to 3 of 3
    1. #1
      Join Date
      Apr 2005
      Location
      Lyman, SC
      Posts
      38

      4L60e forward clutch assembly.

      Hey ya'll,
      I'm rebuilding a friends 4L60e, and while assembling the forward clutch pack I noticed that it is different than the 700r4. My question is does a friction clutch go next to the wavy steel or does a steel plate go next to the wavy steel. When I took it apart it had a steel in this position, and normally I would install it back this way but this is where the problem was the first time. I looked in my ATSG manual for the 700r4 and it has a friction in this position. I know GM was continuiously upgrading this trans throughout the 90's and I don't know if this was one of the upgrades or not. Any help ya'll can give will be greatly appreciated.


      Thanks ya'll

      Shane




    2. #2
      Join Date
      Oct 2005
      Location
      pennsburg , pa
      Posts
      38

      4l60-e clutch

      there is normally a flat steel on top of the wavy on the forward clutch unit.the frictions should go on top of a flat steel.

    3. #3
      Join Date
      Apr 2005
      Location
      Lyman, SC
      Posts
      38
      Thanks mini69!:icon996:
      Shane




    Advertise on Pro-Touring.com