Results 1 to 20 of 36
Thread: 1976 Trans Am Pro-Touring Build
Threaded View
-
03-21-2017 #10
New to Pro-Touring
- Join Date
- Feb 2017
- Posts
- 99
Typically solid body mounts are required when installing sub frame connectors. This is because poly or rubber mounts allow too much flex which can result in the welds between that of your sub frame to connector to sub frame weakening/or breaking completely.
I was going to order a set of body mounts from Detroit Speed but they only produce them for 2nd gen Camaros and not Firebirds. This is because the core support mounts are taller on the Firebird versus that of the Camaro (to make space for the shaker scoop on the T/A) so I went with the only other option which are from pro-touring f body (http://www.pro-touringf-body.com/cha...omponents.html).
They're pretty cool. They can be mounted at factory height to maintain stock appearance, adjusted to lower the body by a full inch or flipped to lower the body by a full 2 inches...essentially wedging the body. This will cause clearance issues with the inner fender walls and shaker scoop clearance (but I'm going EFI LS7 eventually so I'll have to rig something up when the time comes anyway) so I will likely go factory height or only lower the body by an inch. I am going to call D.S.E. before I decide. They are made of aluminum but I'll likely paint them black.
They were $99 shipped, with the bolts included:

-





Reply With Quote



