Results 1 to 20 of 28
Threaded View
-
10-02-2018 #14
While the 15x7 wheels I bought as an initial fit check cleared, the chrome 15x7 baby moon style wheels I bought off craigslist didn’t fit over the front brakes. That must be what they mean when they say the brakes fitting “most” 15” wheels. In addition the tires on the rears, just barely, rubbed on the ID of the fender. Not wanting to risk trying another 15” rim I decided to shift to 16x6 rims in an attempt to both clear the brakes and alleviate any rubbing. I also made myself a lame sketch to visualize how much space I’d be gaining in relation to the 7” wide wheels with a 4.25” backspace.
I always liked the mag racing wheel look and felt that it fit the vintage of the Muntz, so I rolled the dice on fitment and purchased a set of Rocket Igniter wheels in 16x6. It took nearly 9 months since I ordered them for them to arrive (I think they had to mine the aluminum), but now that I got them I think they look pretty good, but more importantly, they clear everything without rubbing.
-
Tags for this Thread





Reply With Quote




