Enter your username:
Do you want to login or register?
  • Forgot your password?

    Login / Register




    Results 1 to 20 of 30

    Hybrid View

    1. #1
      Join Date
      Feb 2006
      Location
      Tennessee
      Posts
      814
      Country Flag: United States
      Quote Originally Posted by pt2285 View Post
      Quote Originally Posted by analyte View Post
      Depending on how agressive you want to attack AutoX and road courses, I will suggest that you call other suspension providers with your goals.

      I started with the SC&C setup with Varishocks, and it proved to be less than satisfactory when driven hard. They just didn't have the range needed to adjust the car to where it needed to be, and none of the serious drivers were using the parts so not much help at the track either. In the end, both front shocks were busted after one year and 2800 miles of 50/50 highway and track.

      I swapped everything last year for ridetech after talking to everyone about my goals. I'm very pleased with the new setup, and I expect to be much more competitive this year.

      Kerry
      I found Matt to be a bit of pain. I understand the design of the spc stuff. Ride tech just seems very off the shelf to me to be that good... I'm gonna run this and see how I like it.
      I didn't deal with Matt so I'm not sure what took place there. Keep in mind that everything is off the shelf, and there is a difference in range and adjustability.

      Nonetheless, I hope you have better luck than I did with that setup and I hope to see you out there on the track having fun.

      66 Chevelle - LS-Leap

      LQ9 / T56 Complete - Phase 2 in process!!
      https://www.pro-touring.com/threads/...t-LS-Heap-quot
      SC&C, Kore3, Detroit Speed, BBS, Advanced Induction, TickPerf, Currie, Moser, Holley, Hellwig, Edelbrock LS-Kit, Mast, Wilwood, BP-Automotive, StopTech, Ridetech, Hotchkis, UMI, Energy Suspension, AAW, B&B Classic's, PPG, Aeromotive, Canton, C&R, Sparco, Ididit, Spectre, Bridgestone, DakotaDigital, Alpine, RockfordFosgate


    2. #2
      Join Date
      Jul 2015
      Posts
      149
      Country Flag: United States
      Quote Originally Posted by analyte View Post
      I didn't deal with Matt so I'm not sure what took place there. Keep in mind that everything is off the shelf, and there is a difference in range and adjustability.

      Nonetheless, I hope you have better luck than I did with that setup and I hope to see you out there on the track having fun.
      in would say 90% of my reluctance is due to those shocks and springs where such a pain in the dick to get in, its not coming out until it breaks.




    Advertise on Pro-Touring.com