Enter your username:
Do you want to login or register?
  • Forgot your password?

    Login / Register




    Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast
    Results 21 to 40 of 83
    1. #21
      Join Date
      May 2012
      Posts
      412
      Country Flag: Canada
      Mocking up the new 4 point roll bar rather than the single hoop. Debating on chromed or blacked out. Never a fan of taking a hole saw to a nice paint job but it was worth it. I think it's low enough and has the right curves for the style of car. I'd hate the roll bar to look like it belongs on a pickup truck. It's still tall enough to save my neck if I go wheels up but I'd rather not find out.
      Attached Images Attached Images    

    2. #22
      Join Date
      May 2012
      Posts
      412
      Country Flag: Canada
      Done shaping and modding the top. Going to spray out the high build primer and block it ready for paint. Roll bar on a bit of a delay since I need to roll a slight curve to it and both chassis builders I know don't have a roller. Just benders. It needs to look right so I'm not going to rush it.
      Attached Images Attached Images    

    3. #23
      Join Date
      May 2011
      Location
      Brisbane, Australia
      Posts
      453
      Country Flag: Australia
      Great job as always Angelo.
      1967 Mustang Fastback - widebody https://www.pro-touring.com/threads/...stang-Fastback
      1966 Plymouth Fury III
      1961 Oldsmobile 88 "bubbletop" = next project

    4. #24
      Join Date
      Nov 2007
      Location
      Lafayette, LA, USA
      Posts
      485
      Country Flag: Canada
      I couldn't imagine getting in with the top on. Last year I squeezed into a Daytona coupe and it was quite difficult (but then I am a large person). Regardless I couldn't get out of the thing fast enough.

      BTW, my MK3


      Life's journey is not to arrive at the grave safely in a well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, totally worn out, shouting - Holy cow - what a ride!!!
      See my build

      Jason


    5. #25
      Join Date
      May 2012
      Posts
      412
      Country Flag: Canada
      That's funny Jason. Im 235 lbs myself and I tried a number of ways to get in and out. The result is a very specific technique that I need to get just right or I will have to ask you to look away because it gets ugly lol.

    6. #26
      Join Date
      Mar 2012
      Posts
      87
      Country Flag: Canada
      Looks great Angelo, but I would seriously consider going white with the top.

    7. #27
      Join Date
      May 2012
      Posts
      412
      Country Flag: Canada
      Really? You don't think it would look better with the paint flowing as all one? What makes you like the white better? I don't exactly hate the white myself.

    8. #28
      Join Date
      Oct 2013
      Location
      H-Town, TX
      Posts
      356
      Country Flag: United States
      I suggest going with one single color- I think the car will have awesome lines when you are done.

    9. #29
      Join Date
      May 2012
      Posts
      412
      Country Flag: Canada
      I don't hate the white but I'm not a two tone guy and one colour for the whole car does create some serious lines. Only thing that may go white is the gum-balls with the number 36 done in black.
      Attached Images Attached Images  

    10. #30
      Join Date
      Sep 2013
      Location
      sw Kansas
      Posts
      1,661
      Country Flag: United States
      Years ago one of my friends was talking to his son about his requirements for a street rod. The bottom line was " hot rods and cool cars all have space problems." His son then said"you might as well go drive a Lincoln town car! I think that was the last time that was discussed. Sometime later, he and I took a 29 roadster pickup to Bonneville with no top in 100 degree temps. It was one of the best trips we ever had.

    11. #31
      Join Date
      May 2012
      Posts
      412
      Country Flag: Canada
      Open air ROADSTERS are great fun to take a blast in but vintage race cars are my itch and with a hard top is my favourite.

    12. #32
      Join Date
      May 2012
      Posts
      412
      Country Flag: Canada
      Btw Jason your MKIII looks sweet and the cooper looks great.

    13. #33
      Join Date
      May 2012
      Posts
      412
      Country Flag: Canada
      Got the main tube made for the roll bar so I can move onto making and installing the custom brackets and dampers. Working out fine except the top is so light at 25 lbs. that I need softer pressure dampers. Not a big problem although working around this really nice paint has been.
      Attached Images Attached Images    

    14. #34
      Join Date
      Sep 2013
      Location
      sw Kansas
      Posts
      1,661
      Country Flag: United States
      Angelo, I found this chart when I was doing the hood one the 51. It might be useful.
      http://www.fiero.nl/forum/Forum1/HTML/092437.html

    15. #35
      Join Date
      May 2012
      Posts
      412
      Country Flag: Canada
      Thank you. My supplier is looking into the carbon-fibre weighted ones for me.

    16. #36
      Join Date
      Oct 2016
      Location
      New Brunswick
      Posts
      43
      Country Flag: Canada
      That's going to look awesome. My vote is satin black on the rollbar to match the wheels

    17. #37
      Join Date
      May 2012
      Posts
      412
      Country Flag: Canada
      Thanks. I agree with you. I'm doing away with all that chrome for the roll bar and going with a graphite satin metallic instead. Should look right with the black leather interior as well as the wheels if and when the top is removed.

    18. #38
      Join Date
      May 2012
      Posts
      412
      Country Flag: Canada
      Besides. My friend Marco and I chose to give the car an identity of its own and too much chrome wouldn't suit this character. This is a rendering of the piece that will be CNC'd and added to the lower corner of the trunk lid.

    19. #39
      Join Date
      May 2012
      Posts
      412
      Country Flag: Canada
      Pic
      Attached Images Attached Images  

    20. #40
      Join Date
      May 2012
      Posts
      412
      Country Flag: Canada
      The actual acrylic piece before paint.
      Attached Images Attached Images  

    Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast



    Advertise on Pro-Touring.com