Country Flag: United States

The Electric Pickle

im not one for the daily norm, i like to be different and stand out so when a friend who is a diehard ford man called me asking my if i would be interested in a 1955 chevy truck CHEAP I couldnt pass it up, it was CHEAP, My favorite word LOL. So my trusty steed headed out for Baton Rouge leaving our home just south of Houston to haul my next project home

Name:  image_47528.jpg
Views: 554
Size:  171.1 KB

its not pretty but then again, it was CHEAP but only having my chevy truck with a 8 foot bed, how we gunna load it ? with some redneck engineering and a little brawn we got it lifted off the ground, onto a car trailer, then backed my truck up to the trailer and slid it in.

Name:  image_47529.jpg
Views: 542
Size:  177.0 KB

so for $300 bux I got the cab, front and rear fenders, bed sides, hood, core support

next dilemma ... unloading, luckily my neighbor has a vintage caterpillar fork lift he lets me borrow, i just have to refill the propane tank every now and then

Name:  image_47530.jpg
Views: 510
Size:  159.5 KB

as you can see I dont have a big fancy garage, single car garage that has my tools and a little bit of an awning to work under, my stuff sits out in the elements but stays covered up

Name:  image_47531.jpg
Views: 581
Size:  162.1 KB

Name:  image_47562.jpg
Views: 515
Size:  158.5 KB

I will be using a S10 frame, its pretty narrow but it will allow me to run a very wide wheel and tire combo and keep it in the fenderwell

ok... i'll ask...

Electric Pickle?

I dig this body style truck. Pictures of my dads highschool 55' 1/2 ton are at least partially to blame for kicking off my habit.
    CAM-T Autocross Fox Mustang
    LX mustang autocross on the "cheap"...
    1953 PickEmUp
    1953 Chev Pickemup

Congrats man! cool project.
    A friend of mine did a '54 pickup, S10 swap too, here's a link on his build with lots of pics, it may serve as inspiration for some of the usual build details.
    http://mypontiacs.com/Pickup.asp?myPage=Metalwork_Frame
    Dave
    84 Monte SS - just a few bolt-ons

the Electric Pickle is goofy short video i did where I took a large dill pickle, installed a nail at each end, then hooked up a stripped extension cord to it then plugged it in thus making the pickle light up (youtube it) lol, my daughters told me my next project i get i should name it the Electric Pickle, and so this truck was named that

Name:  image_47563.jpg
Views: 397
Size:  158.9 KB

got the body mocked up on the frame to get a rough idea on how much ground clearance im going to have

there wasnt much to remove, old steering, brake booster and pedal assy, and this mess that someone called a wiring harness

Name:  image_47603.jpg
Views: 382
Size:  263.3 KB

Quote Originally Posted by CharlesW View Post
    the Electric Pickle is goofy short video i did where I took a large dill pickle, installed a nail at each end, then hooked up a stripped extension cord to it then plugged it in thus making the pickle light up (youtube it) lol, my daughters told me my next project i get i should name it the Electric Pickle, and so this truck was named that
    Aha, we were wondering the reason behind the name too. Now to search for that video...

Ha! Best project name ever. Please tell me you're going to paint it green...
    Stephen S.
    1967 Ford Mustang 4.7L, T5

pastel mint green

Excellent! What engine?

chris