1970 GTO Version 3.0
      1967 Cougar build
      GM High-Tech Performance feature
      My YouTube Channel Please Subscribe!
      Instagram @projectgattago
      Dr. EFI
      I deliver what EFI promises.
      Remote Holley EFI tuning.
      Please get in touch if I can be of service.

"You were the gun, your voice was the trigger, your bravery was the barrel, your eyes were the bullets." ~ Her

Quote Originally Posted by andrewb70 View Post
      Those look very nice!
      Thank you!

1972 C10 Build

Name:  IMG_5883.JPG
Views: 635
Size:  552.2 KB

Tires came in today too. They are Michelin pilots

Name:  IMG_6058.JPG
Views: 567
Size:  355.2 KBName:  IMG_6063.JPG
Views: 575
Size:  371.4 KB

Name:  IMG_6076.JPG
Views: 557
Size:  412.9 KB

Hi,
      Love your car and setup.
      Really nice wheels and build you are making, looking forward to see more from you.

If it is ok to ask a question since you have the knowledge , I want to buy Hotchkis TVS system for my C10, I have rocket racing Attack 18X10 5,5BS and 2.5" drop spindles
      do you think i will have clearance issues with wheel and control arm since I got issues with control arm touching the rim on the inside when turning both ways to the end on the stock control arms?

Really appreciate some feedback on this.

Quote Originally Posted by Kenneth_C10 View Post
      Hi,
      Love your car and setup.
      Really nice wheels and build you are making, looking forward to see more from you.

If it is ok to ask a question since you have the knowledge , I want to buy Hotchkis TVS system for my C10, I have rocket racing Attack 18X10 5,5BS and 2.5" drop spindles
      do you think i will have clearance issues with wheel and control arm since I got issues with control arm touching the rim on the inside when turning both ways to the end on the stock control arms?

Really appreciate some feedback on this.

Hello man of course, I had some 18x9 rockets on there with 5.25” bs and they rubbed the lower control arm bad on full lock turning. I added some 1/4” wheel spacers and it was better but would still rub the inside sidewall of the tire on the lower shock bolt. I added some screw in steering stops to help with that but in my opinion the wheels I had were completely wrong back spacing for the TVS suspension I have. And I feel like the 18” wheel with a 5.5” back spacing will be worse. Hope this helps!

Quote Originally Posted by Cshenker1121 View Post
      Hello man of course, I had some 18x9 rockets on there with 5.25” bs and they rubbed the lower control arm bad on full lock turning. I added some 1/4” wheel spacers and it was better but would still rub the inside sidewall of the tire on the lower shock bolt. I added some screw in steering stops to help with that but in my opinion the wheels I had were completely wrong back spacing for the TVS suspension I have. And I feel like the 18” wheel with a 5.5” back spacing will be worse. Hope this helps!
      Name:  IMG_6092.jpg
Views: 526
Size:  145.9 KB

Here is the rub mark.

Quote Originally Posted by Cshenker1121 View Post
      Thank you a lot really appreciate your answer, this make things a lot easier for me.
      I see your new wheels are 19x9 but what back spacing do you run now?

Quote Originally Posted by Kenneth_C10 View Post
      Thank you a lot really appreciate your answer, this make things a lot easier for me.
      I see your new wheels are 19x9 but what back spacing do you run now?
      Awesome I’m glad, and I don’t know the back spacing unfortunately. The shop the trucks at did all of the measuring. But I’ll ask them and get back to you.

Name:  IMG_6140.jpg
Views: 492
Size:  131.0 KBName:  IMG_6132.JPG
Views: 482
Size:  243.2 KBName:  IMG_6134.JPG
Views: 489
Size:  199.6 KB

Rear end is finished

Name:  IMG_6204.JPG
Views: 452
Size:  397.0 KBName:  IMG_6210.JPG
Views: 447
Size:  368.3 KB

Country Flag: United States
      Looking good!
      1970 GTO Version 3.0
      1967 Cougar build
      GM High-Tech Performance feature
      My YouTube Channel Please Subscribe!
      Instagram @projectgattago
      Dr. EFI
      I deliver what EFI promises.
      Remote Holley EFI tuning.
      Please get in touch if I can be of service.

"You were the gun, your voice was the trigger, your bravery was the barrel, your eyes were the bullets." ~ Her

Quote Originally Posted by andrewb70 View Post
      Looking good!
      Thank you!

A couple a small things I’m going to do but she’s home.Name:  IMG_6389.JPG
Views: 373
Size:  461.8 KB

That’s a Sharp truck

Quote Originally Posted by Jimbo1367 View Post
      That’s a Sharp truck
      Thank you! Just needs paint and it’ll be good to go

After banging my head against the wall 100 times fighting heat as well as oiling issues, I finally decided to bring the truck back to N/A. I kept most of my stuff like exhaust and I was at the point where the engine needed to be built to go any further. After looking at how much I had into the truck, it was more important for me to enjoy it and do some road trips rather than keep working on it. It was fun while it lasted!
      Name:  IMG_6423.JPG
Views: 330
Size:  407.8 KBName:  image000000.jpg
Views: 329
Size:  465.8 KB

Country Flag: United States
      Bummer, that was such a neat turbo setup. I thought the low/mid placement would be good for weight distribution but not so good for turbo oiling and street debris. I would be interested to hear details on the oiling and cooling issues mentioned.

2000 Silverado RCSB

Built 6.1L / Kenne Bell 2.8L / 4L80E / Suspension

Quote Originally Posted by Big_KID View Post
      Bummer, that was such a neat turbo setup. I thought the low/mid placement would be good for weight distribution but not so good for turbo oiling and street debris. I would be interested to hear details on the oiling and cooling issues mentioned.
      It was absolutely awesome for weight distribution. And the power was great too. But trying to fit air cleaners that flow upwards of 1000cfm of air in that tight space was impossible. The max we could squeeze in there was one that flows 400, anything bigger got extremely close to the hot side or just wouldn’t fit. This cause oil to pull from the bearing cartridge under boost which caused oil in the charge pipes. And it causes a mess. I noticed this when I pulled it apart, adding to this an air filter that close to the ground under the truck got completely dirty within 100-200 miles.

Although the exhaust housings were ceramic coated, in reality they needed turbo blankets. But these turbos were squeezed very close to the frame to make plumbing routing right, so everything although it was under the truck with air movement some things got heat soaked, especially the tailshaft of the transmission. Not to mention doing any transmission work would involve completely tearing the kit out to do so. Just kind of a bummer since I was living on time on the clutch I have.

Air to water although super cool, during summer wasn’t the most idea thing. I much rather have air to air on the truck. Air to water was more of a track approach and although cool looking, needed a 5lb bag of ice to get my IAT’s cool with the hot AZ asphalt under the truck. This was just a personal preference after driving it around.

Finally, the other oil issues. We had the system pretty good. The check valves worked pretty good, the pump worked pretty good, but was not perfect. I had the pump on a timer relay for a minute, even though this was the best it could do it was not perfect, even with the check valve. When I would undo the lines to repair things they were still pretty full Just under the turbo cartridge so if I ever parked on a incline of any kind it would sweep.

It was a fun experience learning everything but I would much rather have a 550-600whp N/A combo for what I want to do. Keeping up on that just kind of wore out my wallet chasing perfection. Finally threw up my hands and said enough is enough lol

Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 LastLast

Advertise on Pro-Touring.com