Enter your username:
Do you want to login or register?
  • Forgot your password?

    Login / Register




    Results 1 to 20 of 61

    Threaded View

    1. #1
      Join Date
      Jun 2016
      Location
      Evansville IN
      Posts
      49

      65 fastback build

      After many years of building a playing with fox, sn95 and new edge mustangs, the time has finally come to build my dream car. A 65 fastback. We have owned a 66 coupe for 25 years. I recently sold my 2003 cobra so I could finally build a fastback. The plan was to convert the coupe to fastback. But with the fastback side panels on back order from dynacorn with no eta, I set out to find a rusty fastback so I could use the side frames. Luck had it, I found one in new york that had not been on the road since late 70's.

      After some thoughts, I decided to leave the coupe alone and later build it for my wife since it was originally her car.

      Luckily the fastback was located close to the guy near Boston who is doing the sheet metal work. So I had him pick it a week or so ago. as you can see the car is bad. But once Tony from muscle car metal is done it will be a brand new shell. I am having him install the DSE mini tub kit with notched frame rails so I can run a 315 tire.



      the car will get a 03 cobra engine and t56 swap. I plan to run a 2.9 whipple and make a little over 700 rwhp.

      plans for front suspension is aje front kmember with fox struts setup and ps rack.

      out back I am still debating what to run. Could use some opinions.
      Either a aje setup which is a triangulated 4 link with a fox 8.8 or using a torque arm setup with panhard bar.

      it will be a couple of months before I get the shell back, some have time to plan out everything.

      this is how it sat when i bought it.
      Attached Images Attached Images    





    Advertise on Pro-Touring.com