Enter your username:
Do you want to login or register?
  • Forgot your password?

    Login / Register




    Results 1 to 20 of 61

    Hybrid View

    1. #1
      Join Date
      Sep 2016
      Location
      LA - Lower Alabama
      Posts
      560
      I have to ask, why did you decide to resurrect this car versus buying a new shell and going from there?



    2. #2
      Join Date
      Jun 2016
      Location
      Evansville IN
      Posts
      49
      Quote Originally Posted by AU Doc View Post
      I have to ask, why did you decide to resurrect this car versus buying a new shell and going from there?
      Great question

      The original plan was to convert my 66 coupe to a fastback but that would basically mean only the dash would have been used. Plus the coupe has some sentimental meaning to me and my wife.
      Before I had decided not to cut up the coupe, I had purchased this fastback with the intent to use the frame for the conversion.
      The decided why not make the fastback into a new shell and redo the coupe eventually.

      Believe it or not, this fastback will be cheaper than a new body and will be almost as good and have the original vin.

      Overall not the way I had originally planned it but it seems to be coming along better than I thought it would.




    Advertise on Pro-Touring.com