Enter your username:
Do you want to login or register?
  • Forgot your password?

    Login / Register




    Results 1 to 20 of 104

    Threaded View

    1. #22
      Join Date
      Jun 2011
      Location
      St. George, Utah
      Posts
      1,629
      Country Flag: United States
      In my opinion you made a good decision defining what the truck will be. My Pumkinator wagon is leaning towards borderline race car and that takes away the fun of just hopping in it with the kids and heading out for a burger. As much as I want to go more serious with my Jimmy I decided to (for once) exercise what little self control I could muster and keep the build mild. The goal is to have a street truck with gobs of torque, able to do some "spirited driving in Mexico" and have a stock comfort level interior. So far I'm actually able to stick with that. Your truck has some amazing stuff going on, and should be a real performer. Toning down where the design could have gone is wise in one way at least- it takes a big $ account to seriously enter and continue to do well in the top 10+ at the big races. Most cars built by average folks are mid pack, and the set-ups range a great deal in that pack- from all the best name brand parts to the combo of just a few upgrades, some decent tuning and a good driver. If the mid pack group is where most of us will be at the end of the weekend then why sacrifice street driveability? That's my thinking anyway and that's why I bought the Jimmy to street drive so I can get Pumkinator back on his feet with a little more serious tone.

      Good luck and anxious for continued updates!

      -Ben, Your friendly neighborhood Rendering dude

      SRD on Facebook

      79 Cutlass wagon build






    Advertise on Pro-Touring.com