Enter your username:
Do you want to login or register?
  • Forgot your password?

    Login / Register




    Results 1 to 3 of 3

    Threaded View

    1. #1
      Join Date
      Oct 2005
      Location
      New York
      Posts
      19

      Gear Vendors OD vs. 4L80E Transbrake?

      I really wanted to install a 4L80E in my 67. Unfortunately, it seems that no transbrakes are available yet for this transmission. I want something bulletproof & with some type of overdrive. I'm now considering using a "Gear Vendors" unit with my TH400. Does anyone run this combo? It's operation seems a bit confusing ("splitting" gears). Shifting, pushing buttons, ect. Are they easy to use? I really just want an overdrive for cruising but I must also have my transbrake! Can I just shift normally then use the GV's overdrive for cruising?

      Any pointers would help!

      1967 FIREBIRD Street Car Days: 406 cid = 11:46 ET.
      http://www.spottsperformance.com/ima...lyPowell67.JPG



    Advertise on Pro-Touring.com