Enter your username:
Do you want to login or register?
  • Forgot your password?

    Login / Register




    Results 1 to 4 of 4
    1. #1
      Join Date
      Jun 2002
      Location
      Long Island, NY
      Posts
      11,320
      Country Flag: United States

      3" to 2.5" Stainless Adapter/Clamp?

      Hey guys,

      I have a bit of an odd problem. I've got a set of Long tube headers coming from Stainless Works, they're 1 3/4" primaries into 3" collectors. I've also got an Off Road Y-pipe coming, but production of SW's 3" ORY has been delayed a few months, and Al is going to send me a 2.5" ORY for the time being, so I can atleast get the headers installed and get some miles on them before the car is stored for winter. Then when the 3" is ready, I'll just swap it in for the 2.5". I realize the 3" collector to 2.5" is going to bottleneck things and eat up some power, but my car is currently running stock manifolds and one of the cats is clogged, so power is hurting severly as is.

      My question is, what is the easiest way to mate the 3" collector to 2.5" pipe? Does anyone make a stepped tube that I can weld on to the end of the Y pipe? Or better yet, some sort of stepped clamp/adapter? Basically I just need a temporary fix to get the 3" collector to merge with the 2.5" Pipes of the ORY, the Y-pipe can be modified (Ie cutback a bit) but the headers CANNOT. Everything is Stainless, and this is also on my '01 SS not the '68. Any help is greatly apprecaited.



      Thanks,


    2. #2
      Join Date
      Jun 2001
      Location
      Orlando, FL
      Posts
      10,604
      Country Flag: United States
      Perhaps I'm not following, but this seems like an easy problem to solve. Just have SW send you some SS 3 to 2.5 adapters along with the ORY pipe. They make 'em ... I have 4 of them on II Much.

      jp
      ​John Parsons

      UnRivaled Rides -- Modern upgrades for your ride.

      UnRivaled Rides recent project -- LS9-powered 69 Camaro

    3. #3
      Join Date
      Jun 2002
      Location
      Long Island, NY
      Posts
      11,320
      Country Flag: United States
      Quote Originally Posted by parsonsj
      Perhaps I'm not following, but this seems like an easy problem to solve. Just have SW send you some SS 3 to 2.5 adapters along with the ORY pipe. They make 'em ... I have 4 of them on II Much.

      jp

      Nope, that's a very simple solution, and it's exactly what I was looking for. I actually feel pretty stupid now, as I suppose I should've done some research before posting this. I'll get in touch with Al and get set up on those.

      Thanks!

    4. #4
      Join Date
      Jun 2001
      Location
      Newbury Park, CA
      Posts
      5,838
      Country Flag: United States
      Flowmaster makes a smooth-transition 2-1/2 - 3" adapter. Check to make sure the length will work for you.
      VaporWorx. We Give You Gas http://www.vaporworx.com




    Advertise on Pro-Touring.com