Enter your username:
Do you want to login or register?
  • Forgot your password?

    Login / Register




    Results 1 to 5 of 5
    1. #1
      Join Date
      Jun 2016
      Location
      Alamo Texas
      Posts
      2
      Country Flag: United States

      The namesake project. 59' Chevy Apache

      This truck had been in my family since the early 70's when my uncle Bobby brought it home from California. It was the Given to my Uncle Eddie who then crashed and it, rebuilt it and dropped in a 283/t350 combo. Eddie passed in 81' in a car accident and the truck has sat in the shed since. Well in 90' I was born I became his namesake and new owner to the truck. I learned a few thing on it as a child like how to set timing and rebuild an old holley but it never interested me. I aways wanted a camaro or something along those lines and never gave it much attention. Well earlier in the year me and my grandfather had decided to pull it out and get it road worthy again but sadly he passed last month before we started. Well I've decided to sell off my toys and get to work on this thing. Nerd rods chassis is the only decision I've made so far the rest is soon to come. Day one cleaned the carb and fired up the old 283 still runs perfect lol.

      Name:  IMG_0749.jpg
Views: 1200
Size:  279.1 KBName:  IMG_0750.jpg
Views: 1104
Size:  244.7 KB
      Attached Images Attached Images    

    2. #2
      Join Date
      May 2011
      Location
      Brisbane, Australia
      Posts
      453
      Country Flag: Australia
      Very cool truck. Be good to bring it back.
      1967 Mustang Fastback - widebody https://www.pro-touring.com/threads/...stang-Fastback
      1966 Plymouth Fury III
      1961 Oldsmobile 88 "bubbletop" = next project

    3. #3
      Join Date
      Jun 2016
      Location
      Alamo Texas
      Posts
      2
      Country Flag: United States
      Well the thing is I'm really trying to keep the truck similar body and paint wise to what they used. Suspension needs to go no questions asked hence the nerd rods set up, c4 ifs irs. I do want a six speed as well.I think I want to keep the heart though, I know its not the best idea but I will be keeping the 283. A single turbo set up will get me where I want to be 400hp or so. There are way better options but that motor is what made this truck famous around these parts so it stays.

    4. #4
      Join Date
      Jan 2015
      Posts
      16
      Country Flag: United States
      Almost a year later anything new with your truck?

    5. #5
      Join Date
      May 2008
      Location
      Luling TX In the Hot Rod Shop
      Posts
      391
      Country Flag: United States
      Make that almost two years? Whats up?

      Click here for my build thread
      Dad's Down and Dirty
      http://www.nerdrods.com
      @NerdRods - Instagram





    Advertise on Pro-Touring.com