Enter your username:
Do you want to login or register?
  • Forgot your password?

    Login / Register




    Results 1 to 20 of 57

    Threaded View

    1. #1
      Join Date
      Jan 2013
      Posts
      18
      Country Flag: United States

      Agent 47 Falcon Sprint Build

      Hello Everyone,

      I have been lurking and learning on here for quite a while, and have finally got some focus and pulled the trigger on my new Build. I have always been a Falcon Guy and have owned at least a few at all times since the early Eighties. I have done a few Resto-Mod Builds, and a full race build. My last Falcon Race car has become well known on the Vintage Trans Am Racing Circuit. It is the original James Taylor '63 Sprint that raced in SCCA, Trans Am, and the original Mexican Panamerica races in the mid 60's...... long story short, after spending 10 years building the car from a basket, I was forced to sell it before I made a race with it. It is now in the hands of Michael Eisenberg at Maeco Motorsports and he has finished the car to all it's glory. Here is a link to a Car Craft Article done on the car shortly after I sold it.

      In the last few years, my Business started doing well enough to start thinking about a new build and I decided that the '64 Sprint that I have owned for 24 years would be the next project. After my experience with the Vintage crowd, and my enjoyment of new technology, I decided that I wanted to build a modern version of a Trans Am car.... basically take an old car and build it to Trans Am rules as if it was a late model car..... which led me to the discovery of the "Pro Touring" Community. I did a lot of digging around at available suspension options for upgrading the Falcon. I looked at Falcon specific offerings, Mustang offerings, and what I could do to adapt the Mustang kits to the Falcon.

      I have good mechanic skills, but I am not a fabricator. With Business being good, it makes a lot more sense for me to do what I do best, and pay someone else to do what they do better than me..so I knew that I would need to find a good shop to pull off this build.

      After about a year of research, and digging around, I found the Agent 47 Harbinger online, and their custom SLA suspension that they had adapted to the Mustang Platform.... better yet, I realized they were right here in North San Diego, so I decided to shoot them an email about the possibility of adapting their suspension to a Falcon. I got a quick and friendly reply from Corey Weber, who happened to know my '63 Falcon and was more than interested in looking at what it would take to do. Corey is definitely one of those guys that gets really excited talking about builds, and I was stoked to be able to get his ear.

      Agent 47 are really race car builders. Their Harbinger Mustang is an effort to take their racing knowledge and build a refined version that can be comfortably street driven. On the race track, their cars are at the front of the pack in the NASA American Iron Series and others. Since I want to build a streetable racecar, and not a trackable streetcar, this seemed to be a great match for my vision. I basically want to build a Falcon version of their Harbinger..... though it will likely take more work than building another Mustang due to the subtle and major differences in the cars.

      Anyways...... after several months of talking to the ever enthusiastic guys at Agent 47, and gathering ideas and parts, I have dropped off the car at their new facility and the teardown has begun. This car will be built to be legal for NASA American Iron Racing, and like the Harbinger, It will have the equipment to set it up in street trim, and be able to swap over to full race in about a day's worth of swapping seats, inserting door bars, adding Aero.....etc. I am not really sure where the build will take this thing, or how far I get before I have to slow down and run out of money, but I am excited about this new Journey.

      I will be meeting once a week at the Agent 47 shop for a weekly "happy hour" progress report and build direction decision making. I look forward to sharing the progress in this build thread and hope there are a few on here who will enjoy the updates.

      I I did a mild build on this car about 15 years ago and it has a 350 horse 302/Tremec 5 Speed, Currie Rear end with Global west suspension and 4 wheel disks..... all the takeoff stuff will likely go on my Ranchero in the near future. More to come!



      Cheers, Allen

      Here are a few photo's from drop off day, and this week after some teardown: (The pic of the two cars in the driveway shows the car in it's original white color along with my Sprint Convetible and is from around 1999.
      Attached Images Attached Images                            





    Advertise on Pro-Touring.com