Enter your username:
Do you want to login or register?
  • Forgot your password?

    Login / Register




    Results 1 to 8 of 8

    Threaded View

    1. #1
      Join Date
      Apr 2016
      Location
      California
      Posts
      7
      Country Flag: United States

      Newbie with 78 Trans Am

      Hi Everyone. My name's Pete and I've been thinking about converting my 78 Trans Am to a pro-touring car. I've owned it for about 30 years and have it setup for drag racing right now. I'm really looking for something I can drive more on the street and get some enjoyment out of it.

      Besides wheels and tires, I know it'll take some money to get things going. Right now leaning towards the following:



      Brakes - probably Baer SS4 rear and Track4
      Wheels/Tires - Not sure on brand, but somewhere around 18x9 up front and 18x10 or 11 in the rear with 275/35 and 295/35 tires (or bigger if I can make them fit)
      Suspension - Leaning towards ridetech, but have a lot of questions

      Long term would like to convert the TH350 to a 5 or 6 speed manual. Also need to drop some compression and go with a little milder cam.

      I've already learned a lot searching through this site and hope to continue learning...
      Attached Images Attached Images  





    Advertise on Pro-Touring.com