Enter your username:
Do you want to login or register?
  • Forgot your password?

    Login / Register




    Results 1 to 20 of 35

    Hybrid View

    1. #1
      Join Date
      May 2015
      Location
      North central Montana
      Posts
      83
      Country Flag: United States
      Just a quick update. I have been extremely frustrated the past few weeks with ordering parts and expecting certain things to be included, then open the box's and find I need another item. Well with 3-5 days for shipping it really drags things out. Then I was doing a cam swap and that went ok but installing the new springs, I noticed air leaking, what I thougt was inside of the engine most likely past the rings. Well then I discovered that air is leaking out of the exhaust valves. No push rods or rockers installed yet and it appears to be the same amount on each cylinder so cannot figure that out. Now trying to find someone that can give me an explaination for that. I really dont want to tear into this engine like that...
      I did go to a meeting for the closest auto cross events and had a good time. Seems like a bunch of fun people. Now to just get the car moving along faster. So that is about all for now.



      - - - Updated - - -

      Just a quick update. I have been extremely frustrated the past few weeks with ordering parts and expecting certain things to be included, then open the box's and find I need another item. Well with 3-5 days for shipping it really drags things out. Then I was doing a cam swap and that went ok but installing the new springs, I noticed air leaking, what I thougt was inside of the engine most likely past the rings. Well then I discovered that air is leaking out of the exhaust valves. No push rods or rockers installed yet and it appears to be the same amount on each cylinder so cannot figure that out. Now trying to find someone that can give me an explaination for that. I really dont want to tear into this engine like that...
      I did go to a meeting for the closest auto cross events and had a good time. Seems like a bunch of fun people. Now to just get the car moving along faster. So that is about all for now.


    2. #2
      Join Date
      May 2015
      Location
      North central Montana
      Posts
      83
      Country Flag: United States
      Finally feeling like I am getting somewhere!! Just finished the cam swap and vavle spring change, etc tonight. I have to admit I have been pretty intimidated with this because I havent done one in about 10 years, and never on the new ls engines. Now just hope it runs well when I get to that point. Got 2 new boxes of goodies from vintage air in the form of a front runner set up. I likey these things showing up!!!!! Hopefully get the new clutch etc on tomorrow and maybe even get to the first test fit into the chassis. Have been waiting for headers and not to happy with it taking this long. Now if I can just get my pics to post. I like seeing everyone elses and feel bad I cant get them on here so far. Thats about it for now.
      Bruce Jeppesen
      "RANGERS LEAD THE WAY"
      1966 Chevelle
      1978 Ford F-150 4x4
      1930 Model
      https://www.pro-touring.com/threads/1...e-PT-Challenge

      Need more time, more money and more ambition!!!




    Advertise on Pro-Touring.com