Enter your username:
Do you want to login or register?
  • Forgot your password?

    Login / Register




    Results 1 to 5 of 5
    1. #1
      Join Date
      Feb 2005
      Location
      West Chester Pa
      Posts
      43
      Country Flag: United States

      Hello Everyone, another 69 Camaro guy

      Hi everyone,I have been on here for a while reading posts and thought I would introduce myself and my project.I live in southeast Pa,have a bodyshop backround in repair and rebuild of big rigs since 1974.Still work at the same place in sales and estimating now.I am coming up on completing one year on the Camaro.I have replaced just about all the sheetmetal and finally have it back to a shell again.There is a wealth of information and knowledge on this site along with a friendly and helpful group of people.I will be needing help and advice with big brakes,tires,wheels and backspace.I minitubbed while I was building the shell and pretty much decided on the DSE 4 link rear suspension.(I didnt put the crossmember in).I also have a Ford 9inch housing that I want to use.
      Stan

    2. #2
      Join Date
      Jul 2002
      Location
      Mesquite, TX
      Posts
      4,941
      Country Flag: United States
      Welcome to the site, Stan. We're glad to have you.

    3. #3
      Join Date
      Sep 2004
      Location
      Metamora, Illinois
      Posts
      1,619
      Welcome. Looks like you have built a solid foundation in the last year. I now it is still eaarly but what motor/trans are you going to run and what about the interior, etc?

    4. #4
      Join Date
      Jun 2002
      Location
      Long Island, NY
      Posts
      11,320
      Country Flag: United States
      Welcome to the site, Stan.

    5. #5
      Join Date
      Feb 2005
      Location
      West Chester Pa
      Posts
      43
      Country Flag: United States
      Thanks for the welcome guys

      Rod,I do have the motor already,it's a 406 small block with about 425 horse.It's actually the motor that came with the car but it was set up for drag racing(too much compression and too much cam) so I ended up replacing everything inside.I didnt build it,I had it done by an engine builder locally.He told me it wouldnt hurt letting it sit as long as it didnt get hot and cold(it's in a big plastic bag) so the only place like that I could think of was in the house,so there it sits in the dining room until I need it.As far as trans,I am not sure,right now I am leaning toward an automatic overdrive.The interior is up in the air but I really dont want a stock look but I guess that will be one of the last things anyway.I will be on here looking for ideas.
      Stan






    Advertise on Pro-Touring.com