Enter your username:
Do you want to login or register?
  • Forgot your password?

    Login / Register




    Results 1 to 20 of 59

    Hybrid View

    1. #1
      Join Date
      Dec 2004
      Location
      HILLBILLY HOLLYWOOD, TENNESSEE!!!
      Posts
      2,044
      This is ONE GREAT BUILD!

      I like to see builds such as this in any style where the builder uses time, ability and effort (No Budget) versus Big Money, Best Parts and TV or Car Hobby famous labor doing the work.

      It truly is AMAZING what a person CAN DO with a lotta time, ability, effort, hard work and little scrounging for parts to make up for the lack of a big budget.



      Way To Go 2ndroundko!!!!
      Mike

      Remember, "Drive Fast, Turn Heads, Break Hearts!"

      www.musclecardeals.com


    2. #2
      Join Date
      Jun 2014
      Posts
      160
      Country Flag: United States
      Quote Originally Posted by vintageracer View Post
      This is ONE GREAT BUILD!

      I like to see builds such as this in any style where the builder uses time, ability and effort (No Budget) versus Big Money, Best Parts and TV or Car Hobby famous labor doing the work.

      It truly is AMAZING what a person CAN DO with a lotta time, ability, effort, hard work and little scrounging for parts to make up for the lack of a big budget.

      Way To Go 2ndroundko!!!!
      THANKS MAN!!! It seems like a lot of times the small budget build get no love for the lack of bling, those are my favorite builds though. Would i like to have a bigger budget to buy better parts? Absolutely but in the grand scheme of things I'd rather drive it than look at it on jack stands and cradles while saving for parts. Its an ugly duckling but I get tons of looks and compliments as is. As time and effort increase so does ability as well, I have learned a lot by just going for it and it feel great to be ale to say I built it.

    3. #3
      Join Date
      Aug 2016
      Posts
      33
      Have you upgraded the bushings yet? When I did that to my truck it made a huge difference. I used a kit from PST.

    4. #4
      Join Date
      Jun 2014
      Posts
      160
      Country Flag: United States
      Quote Originally Posted by LT1C1500 View Post
      Have you upgraded the bushings yet? When I did that to my truck it made a huge difference. I used a kit from PST.
      yep I got poly shocks from prothane. makes a world of difference I need some decent shocks to help control the bounce.

    5. #5
      Join Date
      Jun 2014
      Posts
      160
      Country Flag: United States
      alright I know this part is not performance related, but, DANGIT ITS COOL. Since use CDs or the radio and i always tether my phone i figured why not put a tablet in the dash for music control, navigaiton and the cool factor.

      The dash in general was in terrible shape. perfect excuse to do something cool or completely destroy it.


      hit the cracks with a flap wheel and filled with expanding foam


      Cut those down flush with a hack saw blade.


      Added speaker rings for flush mounted rockford 4 1/2 coax speakers


      Covered with fleece


      Resined the fleece then added a couple layers of glass mat


      made a custom mount for the lg 7 inch tablet. the tablet has 4g so i can use it for GPS and music on the go.






    Advertise on Pro-Touring.com