Enter your username:
Do you want to login or register?
  • Forgot your password?

    Login / Register




    Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 LastLast
    Results 41 to 60 of 126

    Thread: Yelcamino 2.0

    Hybrid View

    1. #1
      Join Date
      Jan 2016
      Location
      Morehead City N.C.
      Posts
      8
      Country Flag: United States
      Looks awesome Herb. I had a local guy who I believe is a friend of yours named Mike Holleman who told me about the site. I got a lot of inspiration from your C10 build and will be starting a thread soon on my 66 C10 build.



    2. #2
      Join Date
      Sep 2006
      Location
      Indiana
      Posts
      2,670
      Country Flag: United States
      Quote Originally Posted by Blacksheep66 View Post
      Looks awesome Herb. I had a local guy who I believe is a friend of yours named Mike Holleman who told me about the site. I got a lot of inspiration from your C10 build and will be starting a thread soon on my 66 C10 build.
      Yep I know Mike - he's a great guy! Looking forward to seeing your C10 build!
      Herb

      1966 El Camino LS408/T56Magnum
      1966 Chevelle 509/T56Magnum
      1963 C10 454/4L80

      PHR CHP CHP youtube


    3. #3
      Join Date
      Oct 2010
      Location
      Mena, AR
      Posts
      287
      Country Flag: United States
      I like how you did your harness bar. I was thinking of going under the package shelf in my 67. But after looking at yours it is giving me ideas!! Thanks, chris


      Chris
      1967 ElCamino
      2004 Chevy SSR (my sons)
      1951 Chevy pickup(my sons)

      1967 Elky https://www.pro-touring.com/showthre...587-Evil-Angel

      1951 truck https://www.pro-touring.com/threads/...3-year-old-son

    4. #4
      Join Date
      Sep 2006
      Location
      Indiana
      Posts
      2,670
      Country Flag: United States
      Quote Originally Posted by bmbrzmn101 View Post
      I like how you did your harness bar. I was thinking of going under the package shelf in my 67. But after looking at yours it is giving me ideas!! Thanks, chris
      Thanks!

      I originally wanted it below the shelf but there isn’t a good solid place to mount the bar because of the small access panels. I ended up with backing plates inside the pillar to which the bar ends bolt to. The center down bar bolts to a 1/4" thick steel plate that's part of the floor bracing on the trans tunnel.
      Herb

      1966 El Camino LS408/T56Magnum
      1966 Chevelle 509/T56Magnum
      1963 C10 454/4L80

      PHR CHP CHP youtube


    5. #5
      Join Date
      Jan 2016
      Location
      South Shore, Mass
      Posts
      13
      Country Flag: United States
      Very cool to see where this is going after following your 63 build over on the c10 site, really like the dimpled electronics tray and the way you tied the rear bar into the console, really nice work!

    6. #6
      Join Date
      Sep 2006
      Location
      Indiana
      Posts
      2,670
      Country Flag: United States
      Quote Originally Posted by Muttley View Post
      Very cool to see where this is going after following your 63 build over on the c10 site, really like the dimpled electronics tray and the way you tied the rear bar into the console, really nice work!
      Thanks!
      Herb

      1966 El Camino LS408/T56Magnum
      1966 Chevelle 509/T56Magnum
      1963 C10 454/4L80

      PHR CHP CHP youtube


    7. #7
      Join Date
      Jan 2016
      Location
      Morehead City N.C.
      Posts
      8
      Country Flag: United States
      Yeah, I hope to get started soon. Gathering parts is always the hard part.

    8. #8
      Join Date
      Sep 2006
      Location
      Indiana
      Posts
      2,670
      Country Flag: United States
      Yesterday was a good day... I got my wheels back from Forgeline with fresh powdercoating and new tires!







      Herb

      1966 El Camino LS408/T56Magnum
      1966 Chevelle 509/T56Magnum
      1963 C10 454/4L80

      PHR CHP CHP youtube


    9. #9
      Join Date
      Feb 2013
      Posts
      1,557
      Country Flag: United States
      Quote Originally Posted by Yelcamino View Post
      Yesterday was a good day... I got my wheels back from Forgeline with fresh powdercoating and new tires!







      Sweet! That's a nice change!!


      Ridetech Suspsension
      Tech Specialist
      Phone: 812.481.4734

      Project Fox
      1979 Trans Am

    10. #10
      Join Date
      Sep 2006
      Location
      Indiana
      Posts
      2,670
      Country Flag: United States
      Quote Originally Posted by Josh@ridetech View Post
      Sweet! That's a nice change!!
      Thanks!
      Herb

      1966 El Camino LS408/T56Magnum
      1966 Chevelle 509/T56Magnum
      1963 C10 454/4L80

      PHR CHP CHP youtube


    11. #11
      Join Date
      Aug 2015
      Location
      Heber City Utah
      Posts
      167
      Country Flag: United States
      Those look good !!

    12. #12
      Join Date
      Feb 2006
      Location
      Tennessee
      Posts
      814
      Country Flag: United States
      Love the wheels Herb! They really compliment the yellow.
      66 Chevelle - LS-Leap

      LQ9 / T56 Complete - Phase 2 in process!!
      https://www.pro-touring.com/threads/...t-LS-Heap-quot
      SC&C, Kore3, Detroit Speed, BBS, Advanced Induction, TickPerf, Currie, Moser, Holley, Hellwig, Edelbrock LS-Kit, Mast, Wilwood, BP-Automotive, StopTech, Ridetech, Hotchkis, UMI, Energy Suspension, AAW, B&B Classic's, PPG, Aeromotive, Canton, C&R, Sparco, Ididit, Spectre, Bridgestone, DakotaDigital, Alpine, RockfordFosgate

    13. #13
      Join Date
      Sep 2006
      Location
      Indiana
      Posts
      2,670
      Country Flag: United States
      Quote Originally Posted by MOREHORSEPOWER View Post
      Those look good !!
      Quote Originally Posted by analyte View Post
      Love the wheels Herb! They really compliment the yellow.
      Thank you!
      Herb

      1966 El Camino LS408/T56Magnum
      1966 Chevelle 509/T56Magnum
      1963 C10 454/4L80

      PHR CHP CHP youtube


    14. #14
      Join Date
      Sep 2006
      Location
      Indiana
      Posts
      2,670
      Country Flag: United States
      Not much new to report. I did get some stuff back from the powdercoating guy including the fan shroud and cap cover for the PRC radiator...



      Other than that, I'm working on remodeling the kitchen for my wife. I guess she thought now would be a good time.
      Herb

      1966 El Camino LS408/T56Magnum
      1966 Chevelle 509/T56Magnum
      1963 C10 454/4L80

      PHR CHP CHP youtube


    15. #15
      Join Date
      Sep 2006
      Location
      Indiana
      Posts
      2,670
      Country Flag: United States
      I was able to get away from the house project for a bit this weekend and I actually made some progress.

      I finally got the Baer ReMaster installed, bent some new brakes lines, and bled the system (in case you're curious, that's a Ring Brothers clutch master on the firewall).



      No pictures, but I finished installing the Vintage Air Gen IV system.

      And the big accomplishment, I got the engine in!







      This afternoon I installed the flywheel and clutch. The plan this week is to get the trans in place and either get the engine harness in or start on the exhaust system...
      Herb

      1966 El Camino LS408/T56Magnum
      1966 Chevelle 509/T56Magnum
      1963 C10 454/4L80

      PHR CHP CHP youtube


    16. #16
      Join Date
      Feb 2014
      Location
      Boise , Idaho
      Posts
      320
      Country Flag: United States
      Looking Good ! Gotta hurry , spring is almost here

    17. #17
      Join Date
      Sep 2006
      Location
      Indiana
      Posts
      2,670
      Country Flag: United States
      Quote Originally Posted by Paraman1 View Post
      Looking Good ! Gotta hurry , spring is almost here
      Thanks! I'm trying!
      Herb

      1966 El Camino LS408/T56Magnum
      1966 Chevelle 509/T56Magnum
      1963 C10 454/4L80

      PHR CHP CHP youtube


    18. #18
      Join Date
      Feb 2006
      Location
      Tennessee
      Posts
      814
      Country Flag: United States
      Great progress, you'll be on the first drive soon!!!
      66 Chevelle - LS-Leap

      LQ9 / T56 Complete - Phase 2 in process!!
      https://www.pro-touring.com/threads/...t-LS-Heap-quot
      SC&C, Kore3, Detroit Speed, BBS, Advanced Induction, TickPerf, Currie, Moser, Holley, Hellwig, Edelbrock LS-Kit, Mast, Wilwood, BP-Automotive, StopTech, Ridetech, Hotchkis, UMI, Energy Suspension, AAW, B&B Classic's, PPG, Aeromotive, Canton, C&R, Sparco, Ididit, Spectre, Bridgestone, DakotaDigital, Alpine, RockfordFosgate

    19. #19
      Join Date
      Nov 2006
      Location
      Ma.
      Posts
      5,560
      Country Flag: United States
      Nice progress! its' coming together nice. That master cylinder looks like a piece of jewelry.
      Wayne
      Car FINALLY home !!!!!! lol
      Project FNQUIK https://www.pro-touring.com/showthre...ghlight=FNQUIK

    20. #20
      Join Date
      Feb 2015
      Location
      ( Lille ) FRANCE
      Posts
      29
      Country Flag: France
      Sweet ride !!

      It gives me inspirations for my 66 !!

      Looking forward to following.

    Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 LastLast



    Advertise on Pro-Touring.com